Chapter 2 : I Lost It

" so how was your day honey?" my mom asks as soon as I enter the car " did you make friends?"

" yeah it was great"

I stay quiet during the ride home. As soon as I enter the house, my 5 years old brother comes running towards me. He jumps wraping his legs around my waist as I hold him.

" how was it? Was it great? Did you make friends?" I nod smiling and then kiss his cheek.

He lets go of me and goes to sit on a chair in the kitchen. He takes the paper that's on the table. He screws it up and throws it in the bin that is far away from him.

" WOAH!! " he jumps up and down " Jessie did you see what I just did??"

" yeah that's so cool" I say and ruffle his hair before going into my room.
I put some music on and lay down on my bed closing my eyes.

*******

I feel someone shaking me. I open my eyes and see noah about to jump on me. " noah don't do that I'm awake!! " I yell.

"oh" he says and gets down from my desk " it would have been fun though "

" no it wouldn't" I say and get up. I check the time and it's 7 am. Looks like my 30 mins nap turned into more than 12 hours.

I get out of my room and walk into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

" jess hurry up, we're gonna be late" Noah yells while banging on the door. It's his first day going to an actual school so he is obviously excited. I go downstairs and into the kitchen. I take an apple and get out of the house, Noah following behind me. My mom is already waiting for us in the car.

********

As I walk through the hallway, my phone buzz. I hold my books in one hand and use my free hand to take my phone out of my jeans pocket.

Suddenly I hit something hard and all my books fall on the floor . I look up from my phone and all I can see is red. Then I see his face. He is wearing a red T-shirt.

" watch where you're going ! " Shawn says. he looks annoyed.

Well yeah I kinda made him drop his books too .

" I... I'm sorry"

" you should be" he says. I bend down to help him but he snatches the books out of my hands " I don't need your help" he snaps.

He takes his books, turns around and then leaves. Rude, I was just trying to help. I collect my papers that have fallen from my books and then go to class.

I enter the class and sit in a seat next to Alex. As the teacher explains I notice that my diary is missing. I had it with me while walking into class. It must have fallen when I bumped into Shawn. But there was nothing on the ground when I picked up my books and papers.

Maybe Shawn took it accidentally. I'll ask him when I'll see him.

Suddenly the bell rings bringing me back from my thoughts. I take my book and get out of the class. I hear Alex calling my name but I don't stop. I need to find my diary. I've been writing in it since years now. God knows what kind of messed up things I've wrote in it.

As I enter the classroom I see Shawn talking with some guys in the corner. I sit in a seat next to them so that I'd be able to talk to him after class.

" hello class" the teacher says as she enters the class " sit in your place and open the book page 98"

As I do so, I feel that something hit my right shoulder. I look around and see a paper on the ground . Just as I look back at my book two other papers hit my head. I look at my right and see Shawn and the guys he was talking to earlier laughing.

Seriously how old are they? Five?

When the bell rings, I wait till Shawn gets out of the classroom so I can talk to him. I walk towards him and stand right in front of him. He looks at me, a bored look on his face.

" move you're blocking my way" I open my mouth to say something but he cuts me off " what do you want?"

" um I was wondering if um you took my diary by accident this morning when you picked up your books" I asks while playing with the end of my shirt.

He laughs " you seriously own a diary?!" he laughs again " what do you write in it? Dear diary tod-" he starts saying in an annoying girly voice.

" do you have it or not?" I asks irritation clear in my voice.

" no I don't" he says and walks away.

If he doesn't have it then where the hell is it ??

__________________

Heyy how are you today??

Please don't forget to vote and comment if you like this chapter 💙