Chapter 5 : I Try... I Really Do

As soon as I enter my house, my mom starts shouting at me. " where were you?"

" out" I say not wanting to argue.

" you were at a party, weren't you?" she says " You know really well that you are not allowed to-"

" yeah but I'm almost 18 mom" I say and throw my arms in the air " I mean come on if I don't live now when will I live? When I'd be 40 with  hundred of cats around me?"

Noah laughs and my mother glares at him.

" my house, my rules. As long as you live under my roof you do as I say" she says. I start walking towards my room when she calls my name making me turn around.

" what?"

" who's that guy who drove you home?" she asks.

" a friend" I say and walk into my room.

" you finally started to make friends? That's good " I hear her say as I close the door. I sit on my bed and turn my laptop on. I want to continue watching the vampire diaries. I'm at that scene where klaus turned Tyler into a hybrid.

Suddenly my phone rings. I got a message from an unknown number.

Unknown number :
Hey its me Shawn.
Thanks for going with me.

Jessica :
you kind of forced me to go with you.

I change his name to " annoying jerk". I also notice that Alex added me to a group chat. I hate groups chat, they just talk all day.

Annoying jerk :
Oh and I didn't mean to yell at you :/

I throw my phone on my bed and get up. I walk into the kitchen and see Noah eating oreos.

" can we go to the park?" he asks his mouth full of oreos.

" maybe tomorrow" I say and take a bottle of water from the fridge . I walk upstairs and continue to watch Netflix.

                                 *****

I'm walking towards the library, it's currently  lunch time. Ethan was in my first two classes.

" Jessica" A familiar voice says, It's Alex " where are you going?"

"  to the library" I say and continue walking. She walks beside me.

" why? It's so quiet there. Come and sit with us" she says and I sight. She holds my hand and starts dragging me towards the cafeteria.

" but I like it when it's quiet" I mumble under my breath as I walk beside her towards the cafeteria.

" hey Jess" Beth says as I sit down next to her. Tyler has his arm around Caroline's shoulders and they are talking while Alex is hitting Ethan because he stole her fries.

" hey" I mumble and smile.

" oh hey Jessica" Caroline says " how was the party last night? You went with Shawn right?"

" you went with Shawn?" Alex raises an eyebrow at me " like a date? Aw he finally started to date again. I thought he'd never go out with another girl again after what hap-"

" ALEX!" Tyler warns her and she immediately shut up.

" um no... I-it wasn't a date " I say quietly and I feel myself turn red.

" aw you really hurt my feelings Jessica " Shawn says putting his hand on his heart dramatically. He sits next to me and takes one of my fries from my plate. I open my mouth to protest but shut it again. He smirks and takes another one but I slap his hand. He laughs and I crack a smile. 

" aw you're cute" I hear him murmur under his breath.

The bell rings. I get up and walk towards my locker. I get my books and walk into the class. I sit on a seat next to the window. The teacher hasn't come yet.

" isn't she the new girl?" I hear the girl sitting behind me say.

" yeah but I've never heard her say a world. She's shy" the guy sitting next to her says and laughs " it's kinda creepy how she barely talks"

" great a new freak. That is what this school needed" the other girl says and they laugh.

" hey mute girl, do you have a voice? I never heard your voice. Say something... Anything" the guy says to me.

" leave her she's dumb, I mean shy" the girl sitting to his left says and he laughs.

Great  they  also make fun of me for being quiet here . I try to be social and have friends, I really try to be normal like everyone else but the thing is that no matter how hard I try, I can't bring myself to be social and trust people. I don't want to be like this. I don't want to always be so damn shy. I hate it  and I try to change it ... I Really do but that's who I am. Why can't people understand that and leave me alone??

       _________