Chapter 6 : Ouch

" we're going camping this weekend" Ethan tells me as I sit down next to him in the cafeteria. Today is finally Friday. " you are coming with us jess , aren't you?"

I look at him and actually I wanna go but I also don't know I don't feel like going.

" don't bother asking her" Shawn says taking his eyes off of his phone " she'll obviously say no"

I look at Shawn and glare at him. I then look at Ethan and smile " actually I am going"

" see I was right she's not- wait what your going?" Shawn says looking shocked. I nod and smile at him with my most annoying smile.

" yess! " Ethan cheers and Alex claps her hands " you'll see we're going to have so much fun" he says and ruffles my hair smiling.

Shawn rolls his eyes and look back at his phone.

****

" ready? " Alex asks me as I get in the car. I nod and Ethan starts driving.

Today is Saturday. I woke up early and packed a little bag where I put in a sweatshirt, a T-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. I also put in it a water bottle, my phone and a charger so I'd be able charge my phone in the car incase my battery died.

I've spent hours yesterday trying to convince my mom to let me go. After Hours of talking and arguing and after that Alex joined me in convincing her, she agreed. But she was still mad... Or upset I don't know.

Ethan, Shawn, Alex and I are in Ethan's car while Caroline and Tyler decided to go in Tyler's car. Ethan and Alex are sitting in the front while I'm sitting in the back next to Shawn.

***

We arrive in the middle of know where. We are surrounded by trees. We get our bags out of the car and put them next to each others on the ground under a tree.

" guys I need three of you to help me with the tents" Ethan says.

" I'll help you" Alex says happily.

" yeah us too" Tyler points at himself and Caroline.

" okay so Shawn and Jessica will go bring some wood and dead leaves for the camp fire later tonight"

" okay" Shawn agreeds and start walking further into the woods alone, leaving me behind him.

Gee thanks for waiting for me.

" hey wait for me" I say as I walk behind him.

" why are you so slow?" he asks obviously making fun of me.

" why are you such a jerk?" I snap. I can imagine him rolling his eyes. He doesn't say anything else and continues walking.

I look around us and everything is beautiful. it's so peaceful and quiet , I already like this place.

Suddenly Shawn stops walking and I bump into him, my face hitting his back.

He turns and look at me. I mumble a " sorry" and he just nods. He bends down and begins to collect wood.

" take those" he tells me. I take them from him and he picks up some more.

We starts walking back there when I trip over my own feet. The wood I'm holding fall on the ground and I fall too . My leg hits a rock and it starts to bleed.

" you've gotta be kidding me!!" Shawn says annoyed and turns around. " why are you this clumsy??"

He walks towards me and bends next to me. " let me see your leg" he says and looks at my leg. My jeans are ripped where I hurt myself. Some bruises are already showing and it's bleeding. Not too much but it's still bleeding.

" woah mute and blind" I hear him mumble sarcastically while looking at my bruised leg.

I narrow my eyes at him and slap him right across the face.

Who does he think he is?? " Mute and blind" I roll my eyes.

" and freaking aggressive! " he yells while holding his cheek. " I'm done helping you" he says angrily and starts walking away from me, leaving me on the ground surrounded by wood and dead leaves.

" But... But I'm injured" I say dramatically " I can't walk"

" suck it up. It's barely bleeding, stop being such a cry baby" he says not looking at me.

" Yes I'm a cry Baby and I have a GOOD reason to be a cry Baby. I'm hurt" I say and look at my bleeding leg.

He turns around and looks at me with a serious look on his face for a few seconds but then cracks a smile. I smile at him happily when he starts walking towards me.

He puts his hands out. I look at him taking his hands in mine and getting up.

" guys what took you so long?" Alex says walking toward us. As soon as I see her I become all quiet again. She looks at us then at my bruised and bleeding leg and she gasps. " what happened to your leg??"

" I fell " I say quietly.

" oh honey come with me. I have a first aid kit with me " she says and holds my hand " Shawn stay here and get us more wood for the fire. I'll tell Ethan to come and help you "

He nods. Alex holds my hand as we walk away from him and to where everyone is.

______________

Do you like camping?? I love camping ❤️🏕️

Please don't forget to vote if you like this chapter ❤️