Questions?

As Kara spreads the avocado on Lena's toast and scrambles her eggs, she wonders whether Lena would eat an egg too. She moves the egg pan off the hob, cautious not to put it on anything that might burn. She strolls over to the bathroom and calls for Lena. "Lena! Do you want an egg with your toast?" She shouts as she leans against the door frame. She patiently waits for an answer and just as she hangs her head down and stakes in a deep breath to call Lena again the door opens. She stumbles away from the door and something catches her eye.

She looks at Lena's leg that's poking through the slit of the towel and she sees letters etched into her skin but before she can make out what they read the towel slides over them. It's not so obvious to Kara that the red letters are scars and she can only imagine the things Lena must be going through and has gone through to do something like that.

Even though Lena knows that Kara has seen her scar, she furrows her eyebrows anyway in hope that Kara didn't actually see it. "Kara, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing, just my allergies." She casually replies and puts on one of the fakest smiles she has ever done. Lena brushes it off as Kara actually having allergies and obviously remembering everything from last night. She looks up into Kara's eyes and her smile fades. Kara breaks the eye contact and looks down and pushes up her glasses. Lena's smile fades with Kara's and she feels a tear threatening to fall from her eyes. But instead, she takes a deep breath and pushes down her feelings and puts a smile back on her face. Lena looks at Kara up and down and realises that she's wearing her favourite blue frilly shirt and blue skinny jeans. Her hair tightly tied back in her everyday ponytail. "D-d-do you want the egg or not?" Kara stutters.

"No...not really," Lena says trying to hide the concern in my voice but she knows she didn't do a very good job. "Kara, can you please tell me what's wrong." She asks worry making her voice quiver and placing her hand on Kara's arm.

"Just go get dressed Lena." Kara sighs and steps away from Lena's hand that was imprinting her.

"Kara something is obviously going on." Lena pushes, trying to get Lena to talk to her.

"Why don't you get dressed and I'll tell you when we're sitting down having breakfast?" Kara suggests smartly.

"Okay, thank you Kara." Lena tells her as she walks away. She wonders what is winding Kara up so much. After concluding that it was just last nights events and that is she finishes drying herself up and once she has her underwear on she moves towards the mirror to see which dress or suit she feels like going in today. And then she sees it. She remembers it. The scars on her thigh. They're old like, ten years old. But they were big...and deep. So they look brand new on her soft pale skin. She sits down on her bed and looks down at them. She traces the one that goes across in a straight line from the inside of her left thigh to the other side with my finger. And then all the others. The small ones. The big ones. The ones on my arms. On my chest. On my ribs. The ones on her arm are not as bad, they have mostly faded away. They're faint but they're still there. She stares at herself in the mirror then looks at herself in the eye and tells herself 'You can do this. You can make it through today.' And she honestly thinks about calling in sick to work today. She decides that if Kara doesn't bring up last night she will go to work. She tugs on her dress struggling tremendously to zip it up from the back. Calling Kara was her only option. "KARA! I NEED YOUR HELP! COULD YOU COME HERE A SECOND?" She shouts to kara who is literally in the room beside hers.

"SURE!" She shouts back. Not five seconds later she knocks on my door. "What do you need help with?" She smiles.

"My zipper, I can't pull it up." Lena looks at her with a frustrated look and throws her hands down at her sides. "Can you pull it up?"