u ʻ i ☾

uʻi - beautiful

 Emerson began to feel nervous as soon as Alex suggested playing two truths and a lie

Emerson began to feel nervous as soon as Alex suggested playing two truths and a lie. His heart almost leapt out of his chest when everyone agreed.

"You go first, Rosalind." Alex grins cheekily at her. Her hat is now gone, safely tucked away in a black bag at her feet, long blonde hair twisted into a bun atop her head.

She looks at him with a displeased frown but nods reluctantly, "Alright, if you insist." She sighs, brushing her sticky hands onto her jeans shorts, "When I was little, I once jumped out of a tree because I truly believed that I could fly. When I was sixteen, I accidentally went skinny dipping with my friends in someone's private pond and they called the cops. And...I've never been in love with a guy before." She finishes her third statement, her ocean eyes set on the dancing flames before her.

Rhyme hums as he thinks, tapping his finger against his chin, "I highly doubt you were stupid enough to throw yourself out of a tree."

Isaac takes a swig of his soda, shaking his head, "I bet you've never even been skinny dipping." He argues.

Alex scoffs, leaning forward as he looks at her closely. "There's no way you've never been in love."

She looks away with a shrug, a poker face of a smile on her full lips. "What's your guys' guess?" She looks at the rest of the group.

"Definitely that you've never been in love." Claire guesses confidently.

"I agree." Gwen pitches in before looking over at Emerson who has remained quiet and contemplative, "Emerson?"

He looks up from the fire, all eyes on him. "I don't think you've been skinny dipping." He clears his throat.

"Okay, what's the lie?" Claire asks, ready to know the answer.

Rosalind looks around the group before admitting, "The truth is...I've never been skinny dipping." She laughs, looking at Emerson and Isaac, "Looks like you guys are winning."

"You've never been in love." Alex says in awe, his mouth open slightly as he watches her.

Emerson examines her guarded expression and, as he catches her eyes, he jumps in with, "You mean to say that you actually were stupid enough to jump out of a tree?" He laughs at her grateful smile.

"Don't judge me." She tells him, "I was nine and obsessed with Peter Pan."

"That's explains it." Rhyme chuckles, "Okay, who's next?"