p a u ☾

pau - done (or) finished.

 The goodbyes between Emerson, his friends, and Rosalind aren't exactly difficult

The goodbyes between Emerson, his friends, and Rosalind aren't exactly difficult. But, for some, it seems harder than for most.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Claire asks Emerson as she pulls her suitcase from Rosalind's Jeep with a small grunt of effort.

Emerson glances over at Rosalind and Alex, him giving her a small smile as she laughs at whatever he said. He nods at her reply, giving her a soft joking punch to the arm, a sign of friendship. He begins to walk away but she stops him, grabbing his arm. Turning around with an expression of hesitance, Alex is surprised by a sudden hug. This is when Emerson looks away.

"It's as if Rosalind didn't just start flirting with him only a few days ago." Claire snorts.

"Who knows." He replies, shrugging. "Something could have happened last night while they were snorkeling out by the reefs."

She sighs, tucking her short dark hair behind her ear, her full lips tucked into a slight pout of confusion. "I hope he doesn't get hurt. Do you think they exchanged numbers?"

"Probably."

"Gah." She winces, staring over at Alex as he finally walks away from her.

"What do you have against her?" Emerson smirks slightly, taking in her opposed stance, her arms crossed over her chest.

"What?" She questions, throwing her small backpack over her shoulder as she looks up at him innocently, "I don't have anything against her. I'm gonna go check our bags in, okay?" She offers when she spots Rosalind walking over hesitantly.

Emerson nods with a small smile. When he sees her look warily in the blonde's direction he frowns. Does it still bother her that Rosalind was interested in him? Or maybe it's the fact that he was infatuated with her throughout most of the trip that's getting to her. Either way, he hates the thought of Claire believing she's second best.

"Wait up." He speaks up as she begins rolling both of their suitcases away and she stops instantly, looking back expectantly.

"What? Did I forget something?" She asks, her eyes meeting his.

"No but I did." He steps forward, planting a soft kiss on her cheek, "You look beautiful today."

"Shut up wearing my airplane clothes and absolutely zero makeup. I'm leaving now, weirdo." She says dryly but he spots the slight tint in her cheeks and her tiny smile she's trying to hide.