k a i o n a h o k u ☾

kai o na hoku - ocean of stars

 "I can't believe we're leaving tomorrow

"I can't believe we're leaving tomorrow." Rhyme sighs, falling onto his back on the soft queen sized hotel bed.

Emerson can hardly believe it himself. In the past two weeks, he has been pressed, shaken, and practically remade into a different person. Or maybe this was him all along he just hadn't accepted it yet or didn't know how to get there.

The last few days have been spent on the beach mostly. Rosalind had announced that she was fresh out of cool places to go and that we should just get out there and experience the island for themselves but Emerson gets the feeling that she's avoiding him. It's probably for the best.

"Yeah it's been a crazy couple of weeks that's for sure." Isaac responds, picking his shirt up off of the top of his suitcase and throwing it over his shoulder. He's a few shades darker but he's not satisfied seeing as he's going back out in the sun with Gwen in just a few minutes. Not that they'll have much time seeing as the sun is setting. They invited Emerson but he politely declined.

"It's been an experience." Alex sighs, looking down at his phone with a frown, "By the way, Rosalind invited me to go back out with her to the reefs and she wants to know if any of you want to go?"

"Sure, I'm down." Rhyme grins, "Night swimming could be cool and maybe afterward she'll finally let me ride that sweet bike or her's." He practically begins drooling at the thought of the Harley.

"Cool, I'll let her know." Alex replies without much enthusiasm.

"What's up, man?" Emerson nudges him as he walks by, glancing over his shoulder out of curiosity.

"Rosalind. I keep thinking she wants to just hang out with me and get to know me without you guys around and then she goes and confuses me." He rolls his eyes, shoving the device into his pocket.

Emerson regards him with a puzzled expression. Is Rosalind leading him on? Or is that all just in Alex's head? Either way, if Rosalind has expressed some sort of interest in Alex, good for her. That doesn't bother Emerson in the least. What bothers him is the thought of her using Alex as some sort of rebound. However, Emerson doesn't want to make any assumptions so he leaves it be.

"Well it's probably better for Rhyme to be there so that you can have someone else there to gauge her behavior, right?" He tries to help him the see positive, "Plus Rosalind would be a great a friend or otherwise. If she's not interested and it's not going to work then don't press anything." Not that there even seems to be anything going on in the first place. He doesn't want to see his friend get hurt.