6

Kakashi's POV
I saw the kids on a rooftop on my way to get groceries. It was almost sunset, what would they be doing out here? There was also a different person. I've never seen this one in the village before. Unless...

I go right behind them. "Is this the normie?" I say. They all jump.

"Why-KAKASHI SENSEI WOULD YOU STOP DOING THAT I JUST ABOUT-" Naruto started going off.

"Hush, Naruto. Don't embarrass yourself more than you already have." I calmly respond.

He shuts up and turns around, face as red as a tomato. I hear Sasuke laugh under his breath.

"Yeah." The unfamiliar figure speaks up. "I'm the normie."

Interesting. Life in the village would be much more interesting with a normie. "Naruto, she's safest at your apartment. Don't get any ideas. Give her the bed, you get the floor." I chose Naruto because he's definitely the strongest of the bunch. He could even take on better competition than Sasuke.

"What's your name?" I ask the girl.

"(Name). And you're the Kakashi guy?" She looks at me. She had a mask and a hood. A good decision for concealing her identity. But the way she speaks is so informal, it's amazing how she has such confidence speaking like this.

"Yes, I am. Also, it's sunset. You guys should be heading back to your homes. It'd be the safest option. Goodnight." I jump away.

Naruto POV
"Well, (name), let's head home. You really need some sleep after this entire day." I think back to what she's been through just this morning. Her family, friends, and everybody she's known has been murdered and she's acting like it's nothing. I've always heard this happens with normies. Everybody started leaving at this point so it was just the 2 of us.

"Okay. Where is it?" She looks up. I notice the sun has finally went fully down, and the moon was coming up.

"About halfway across the village. I'll take you there, I'm too tired to walk." I scratch my head. She walks towards me and I pick her up, and begin heading home. She's as light as a feather.

We arrive in less than a minute. I go to put her down, but I notice she's asleep. I carry her inside.

(Name) POV
I pretended to be asleep so he'd do the rest of the work. Mission: succeeded. I pretended to wake up. I opened my eyes to see him putting on a shirt. He was now in his pajamas, black shirt and orange shorts. When he was finally done changing, I sat up.

"I'm gonna shower." I say as I get up.

"It's the door next to the kitchen," he says half asleep. He unrolls a sleeping bag. He must really be tired...

I go in there, get undressed, and step into the water. I look at my hair options. Who knew a knucklehead like Naruto uses Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner?

Naruto's POV
I could hear her singing. It's so good, I don't even think my neighbors would file a noise complaint because of how nice it sounds!

Im lost in the darkness,
What will this bring?
Autumn descends on me
Autumn~

Sakura and Sasuke need to hear this! Actually... Sasuke doesn't deserve to hear this. I grab an unused scroll and roll it out. I draw out the equation for audible mimicry to capture this. I put my hand on the scroll, as it captures her singing.

What do I see?
Oh, so beautiful
My heart, it beats
Oh, so magical

After a few more lines, the scroll has reached its capacity and shuts.

The shower turns off and she comes out in a towel. Normies have such confidence with being informal, how does she do it? "Um... do you have extra clothes I could sleep in?" She asks

"Oh, y-yeah they should be over here," I hid the scroll under the bed before she saw it. "I grew out of them, but since you're smaller than me they'll probably fit you!" I put my hand to my head.

She got changed and came back out. She was wearing a baggy white t-shirt and green shorts. I have no clue why I ever bought those shorts. I hate green.

She walks over to the bed. "You know," I break the silence, "you're a really good singer. Like, really!" She turns around.

"Huh?" She asks.

"I heard you in the shower. With you in our people... you're the best singer out of everybody!"

She goes under the covers, "What do you mean?"

"Although normies have no special abilities like us, there are a few things they can do that no ninja can. One of those things is singing." I lay back down.

"Really? But singing is so much fun, it's a shame that you guys aren't capable of doing at least that..." she turns towards the window. "What are some other things we can do that you can't?" She yawns.
I could tell she was getting really tired, she could probably fall asleep any moment here.

"Well, for one, you guys have a much better connection with animals. We've never understood why, also normies are really friendly to even people that they've just met, they also show emotion a lot differently than us- wait a moment, (name)?"

No response.

Knew she'd fall asleep soon enough.

"Goodnight," I say, shutting off the lamp.

I fell asleep moments after.