Chapter 21

Shiva...

I saw Sathya sitting on the ground holding her father's hand and slowly pulling the duvet upto his chest. The sight killed me. Vivek was inconsolable. For him Sekar uncle was his hero. He would time and now say he wants to achieve like him. Vivek ran to Sathya and hugged her. She neither finch nor responded him. She was like a stone with no emotions. She was just holding his hand and Vivek was yelling her to speak something. 

"Shakthi.... shakthi cry please cry...." he was shaking her but her eyes were looking straight and hands tightly holding her papa's hand and reaction was none. I walked to her and sat next to her. Placing my hand on her cheeks i saw her. Her eyes darted to me and the life in it was long gone. Here it was just a frame with no picture in it. She was totally lost. I held her by her shoulder and held her in my heart. She was not even stirring just looking at me. Her eyes were bearing unshed tears and she was way too lost in her heart. 

I tried to make her sit up but she slopped her hand from my hold and just sat on the floor holding her father's hand tight. Her eyes shot dead glare on me making me to take few steps back. Vivek was trying his best but she was not even responding to anything. Her head turned back to the same side where she was looking before and the hold was tight. 

"Sathya...." i whispered. She was not listening to me again. Her eyes were not showing any moment. Vivek stood up and walked outside. Looking at her one last time i walked to Vivek who knew his sister by heart. 

"I lost her Shiva...." he broke down hugging me. "No we did not loose her. Vivek answer me honestly why is she like this ?? As if she is a stone. I'm scared, i couldn't see her like this." i whispered the last part. He couldn't say anything but just cried until he had any tears left. 

"She won't cry. It is really hard to break her emotions out. Last time was when our grand dad passed away, it took us days to make her normal. But this time... i am so scared, that's the reason i am so protective over her. She will bottle up her emotions and she will just shut down her everything until she decides to become normal. I lost her Shiva... i lost her..." I just rubbed his back. I didn't know what to say. 

We were waiting for the formalities to get over. She was sitting in the same place not even moving an inch. It made my heart to bleed. She was neither leaving the place nor loosing her hold in her hand. We have to take uncle to our house while she was holding his hand. She was yet again just looking at her papa not even once blinking as if , if she does he may disappear. 

Many people respected uncle for one last time and i came to know even though they had these many people no one helped them when they needed the most and now when he finally departed from here they are praising him. Sathya was not even moving an inch. Vivek's mother came to give her last respect. I was totally pissed but kept my mouth shut only for Vivek, but he held her hand and pulled her out of the main hall. 

"What do you want now ?? Are you here to confirm whether he is literally dead or acting ??" he grinned in between his teeth. She cried and whispered few sorries but he was in no mood to hear her. 

"Look at her... look at my sister.. Happy now ?? She is totally wrecked happy. Take every money you want and give my sister back else just get lost." he said pushing her away from us and i held him before he could make it more nasty. Of all my concern was with Sathya. She neither talked, nor blinked or let her pain out. She was no less than a stone. It made me really worried. When the rituals started she just saw him and once everything was done, he had to be taken from here for his last rights. Vivek did everything and Jubi and Prakash was sitting holding her but she was just looking at her dad. 

They were about to take him away but she was not leaving his hand. Everyone tried to do that but she was so stubborn to leave his hand. Vivek yelled at her to get her sense back but she was sitting not leaving and not blinking. Before anything could happen i held her by shoulder and saw her deep. Somewhere deep inside i knew she is there, just scared to know the true reality that her father is no more. 

"Sathya...." i called her. 

"papa......" she whispered and closed her eyes literally after more than a day. She passed out and I held her and cradled her by my heart. Vivek nodded his head and Prakash balanced her. Slowly picking her up i walked to our room and placed her gently. She was all the time holding my shirt and was now in no mood to leave me. Slowly holding her tight to my heart i kissed her forehead. "Sleep my queen , i'm here to protect you from now on."

It was mid night when i spread my arms to find the bed empty. A sudden fear crept me. Jolting myself from the bed i walked to find her. She was no where in the room. Breaking her room's door open i found her standing at the balcony and staring at the house which was Sekar uncle's residence. 

"Sathya...." i cooed her. She did not respond. Her eyes were just on the house. Slowly walking to her i made her turn to me. "You may catch cold, come sleep" i whispered to her slowly. Her eyes were still having the unshed tears and she whispered "papa.....".

It broke me like hell. Hugging her tight i closed my eyes tearing myself looking at my broken vulnerable wife. 

No... i have to be strong, for her... for me... for us and for our love...

I will protect you sathya, the promise i gave to your father. I will protect you till i die and even after death because 

I love you....

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Tadaaa Bunny back... these are the times which is gonna be really sad, i think i made you guys feel some. Sorry for not responding for the last update i was disturbed writing these. 

Until next update,

Your love...

Bunny.