Thank God Libraries Are Organized The Way They Are

(4/10)

I'm sorry that these chapters are going to switch POV's a bunch

Max's POV

"Is that all you need?" Gwen groaned through the phone.

I glanced over the list of names and numbers that I had acquired from Gwen. "Mhm, I think so."

"Would you like to finally explain to me what the hell is going on?"

I drew in a deep breath. "David's in the hospital. I came over and he wasn't waking up, so I called 911. I found a note in the living room suggesting that somebody's poisoned him or some shit."

"Wh-what kind of note?"

"I dunno," My eyes locked onto the piece of paper on the table next to me. "It just says I have to go to the library to find the next clue."

"Is there any sort of... name?"

I shook my head, but then realized Gwen can't see me through the phone. "Just the numbers 46 and 49."

"This sounds like something out of a mystery movie."

"Do you need anything else?" I asked, growing somewhat anxious to get to the library and start looking for the culprit.

"What hospital is he staying at?"

"Sleepy Peak Emergency Center. Where else?"

David's POV

I stared endlessly at the television mounted on the wall across from my bed. I was somewhat intrigued by the 'Tiny Cabin Tours' they were going on and on about.

I was shaken out of my tiny cabin trance by a light knock at the door.

"Mr. Copse?"

It was my nurse, Holly. She looked a little different than before. She seemed more tired, more rugged, as if she's been through some stuff since I saw her a while ago.

"Just call me David." I smiled at her.

"Well uh, Mr. Cop- Uhm, David. You have a visitor."

She scooted aside to reveal someone who I never would have expected.

"Gwen!" I cheered.

"I'll leave you two to it!" Holly chimed and left Gwen in the room with me.

Gwen stormed up to me, crossed her arms, and furrowed her eyebrows.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to see you, idiot. Max called and told me what happened."

"Is he alright?" I jumped to ask.

"Who? Max? Yeah, yeah, he's fine. A tad shaken up, but overall his usual shitty self." Gwen couldn't help but smile. "But enough about Max. How are you doing?"

"Uhm, I think okay." I chuckled.

"You look like shit." Gwen spat.

"Okay, well I kinda feel like it too. I've only been here for a few hours and I already want death. It's so bland in here Gwen! My only view is a tiny window that overlooks a parking lot!" I complain.

Gwen rolled her eyes. "I'll bring a tiny tree or something."

My face lit up. "Yes please!"

"What are the doctors saying?" Gwen asked, her voice becoming concerned.

"That's the fun part! They don't actually know what's wrong with me." I awkwardly chuckled.

Gwen sat down on the edge of my bed, careful not to sit on any IV tubes or trip over the cords of the machinery. "Then why are you still here?"