Who's Idea Was It To Blur Faces On TV? It's REALLY Not Helpful.

(7/10)

Max's POV

My eyes fluttered open and I saw darkness. I was scared that I had gone blind, but I could see a thin bar of light coming from under a door and small slits of a light coming in between curtains over a nearby window.

Was I in the hospital? The memories of Daniel and the fire came flooding back. Where was everyone else? Did Daniel make it?

"Doctor!" I screamed, but found my voice was raspy and dry. "Doctor!"

A few seconds passed and the door was pushed open, light flooding the room. The light switch was flipped on, and what I assumed to be a nurse stepped in.

"Where are my friends?" I asked.

"Just, stay calm. Do you have any parent's we can contact?" He asked.

"No. Just... where are my friends? Did they make it?" I pressured him to answer the question.

"Yes, everyone is alive. All of you have pretty bad burns and you inhaled a lot of smoke. You're the second awake." He explained, making a note on the clipboard he was clutching.

"Who was the first?" I spat.

"The blonde man." The nurse smiled.

"He's alive?!" I screamed.

"Woah kiddo! Settle down. I know you might be rejoiced but-"

"Do I sound fucking rejoiced to you?" I interrupted him.

"I'm going to go grab your doctor..." he trailed off and sped out of the room, barely remembering to shut the door behind him.

I looked down at myself. There were bandages covering most of my arms, and my usual dark blue hoodie had been replaced with a mint green hospital gown. I didn't have anything connected to my arms, so I crawled out of bed and winced at the pain in my legs when my feet came into contact with the cold floor.

There were very few bandages on my legs, but it still hurt. I limped my way over to the window and yanked back the curtain.

"Wha...?" My jaw hit the floor.

This wasn't Sleepy Peak. I was on what seemed to be the third floor of the hospital, and no other building in the area seemed to be higher than that. All the buildings were spread out, and there only seemed to be one road with few cars. There was still a decent amount of light left in the sky, but you could tell that night was approaching.

That nurse was going to return with the doctor soon, so I had to make a run for it while I could. I realized that David's bag wasn't in the room, so I had nothing. I pulled the curtain shut again and slipped out into the hallway.

I tried to make it look like I was supposed to be roaming the halls, but I still got side glances from many passing employees.

I have to find Daniel's room.

As I was slinking around the halls, I saw a large black and white photo of a train. It had lettering stamped at the bottom: 1899, Othosp.

Othosp? Is that the name of the town?

"Can I help you?"

I spun around to see a nurse, but thankfully it was different one than before.

"I'm trying to find somebody's room, can you help me?" I tried putting on my best 'innocent little kid' voice.

"Of course, sweetie! Who are you looking for?" She placed her hands on her knees and bent down to smile at me.

"His name is Daniel... he just survived a fire! He has blonde hair and bright blue eyes! Do you know him?" I hated this.