Coming Up With Plans Is So Much Easier In The Movies

(8/10)

Max's POV

Stupid nurses. Stupid sedatives. Stupid, stupid, stupid. They had returned me to my room and said they would need to call my parents, but I refused to give up any information. They didn't even know my name, and they didn't need to. Night was fastly approaching, and I needed that antidote.

But, unlike last time, I had a plan. I had collected myself and calmed down for a bit, then I thought. I thought everything through to the last detail- it was foolproof. I hope.

I had overheard the nurses saying they wanted someone stationed outside my door and Daniels door at all times. A bit extreme if you ask me, but it wasn't anything I couldn't bypass. My guards had to go home in 5 minutes, which meant there would be a shift change. Normally, they would wait for the new guards to arrive and then they would switch. But, today wasn't normally.

I had managed to acquire the rest of the campers room numbers, and I was about to cause one hell of a distraction. I was in room 301, which meant I was right next to the elevator. Daniel was a little further down the hall in room 328. All I had to do was get past my guards, down the hall and then get past his guards. Pretty fucking simple. Or, at least it's simple when you have a group of Camp Campbell Campers with you. We're certified in chaos.

I began to call up my campers. Nerris, who was in room 274 on the floor below, would jam up the elevator so the replacement guards couldn't get here in time. I overheard my guards say they have a flight to catch, so they're going to dash out of here one way or another. Neil was in room 311, right next door to Ered and the security room. Their job was to disable the cameras long enough for me to get from my room to Daniels. That left Nikki, who was right across the hall from Daniel. Her job was to get his guards out of the way.

So I waited. My ear was pressed against the door waiting to hear the guards leave. One started to tap their foot and the other started to groan. Their conversation was muffled by the door, but I could still tell they hadn't moved yet.

If they didn't move soon this whole plan would go off the rails! Thud thud thud. Bingo! Receding footsteps. I waited for just a second, but when I heard the door to the stairwell close I slipped out of my room and began to walk towards room 328. The guards were still there.

Nikki's door flew open and she ran directly into both of them.

"Please, you've got to help me!" She cried, "there's something in my room!"

They protested at first, but somehow Nikki managed to drag both guards into her hospital room.

"Well done..." I whispered.

I glanced down the hall again, but it was practically empty. I made a mad dash to Daniel's room and slipped inside.

"Max?! What the... where are the guards?" Daniel exclaimed.

I shook my head. "Please, we took care of them. Simple as that. Now tell me where the fucking antidote is, and we can end this mess."

Daniel was being pumped full of something, and I got a feeling that the clear liquid wasn't saline. I knew I had limited time, because I had to get back to my room before the guards returned.

"Daniel, just give it to me. Please."

"Woah, did you just say... please? Besides, even if I wanted to give it to you, I don't have it." Daniel simply shook his head.

"Who does?"

"Not telling." He sung.

I grabbed onto the clear tube and saw that the label on the bag read morphine. "I will rip this out of your arm if you do not tell me."