after-show activities.

pairing: asapcarti

in which jordan gets insecure and rakim makes it up to him after a show.

request from @goocci

-

now was probably the worst time for jordan to be in such a terrible mood, but he couldn't shake the gloominess that had clouded over him as he sat alone on a couch backstage at the neon desert festival, arms folded, eyes narrowed, and sending glares towards rakim ever so often while the former talked with some of the staff.

jordan was set to perform his set in less than thirty minutes, but judging by his downtrodden expression, you'd think he was about to take his final exams. he was as far as lively and energetic as you could possibly be, and what made matters even worse was that jordan was supposed to be bringing rakim out as a surprise to the audience, but rakim was pretty much the reason for jordan's sour mood. there's nothing jordan would like to do less right now than perform and pretend to be cool with the same person who dampened his mood, but that's what he was about to have to do.

rakim took notice to jordan's glum demeanor - how could he not? jordan was never like this, especially not before performances. he could be quiet, yes, but it was obvious that he was sad about something, about someone. little did rakim know, that someone was him.

the harlem native interrupted his conversation with the staff member - something about supplying snacks backstage when their set was done - and he walked over to the two seated couch where jordan was still sulking.

"what's wrong?" rakim leaned against the arm of the couch on the side where jordan sat. jordan wanted to scoot to the other side, but that'd make it all too obvious to rakim that he was mad at him.

especially since he knew he really didn't have a valid reason to be mad at him in the first place.

"nothing," jordan's cold tone and his blank stare made it obvious that he was lying, so rakim continued to press for answers.

he parked himself on the arm-rest, annoying jordan further. "c'mon carti, you not being yourself right now bruh, you can talk to me, we're bros."

and there it was. bros.

that word right there, as insignificant as it was, was the hair trigger for what happened next.

"now all of a sudden you care about me and we're bRoS. right. go fuck yourself rocky," jordan spoke in a low, aggressive growl, before shooting up from his seat and turning to walk away from rakim.

rakim froze, not knowing what to do or say next, he was one false move away from jordan having a full on temper tantrum, and while he sort of understood why the taller man was so upset now, that didn't change the fact that they still had to perform next, and having two people perform together while one was undeniably angry with the other was bad for business.

he thought about just letting jordan get out of his little pissy mood by himself, but despite his better judgement, he chased after him.

well, not exactly chased, that'd look weird in a crowded backstage area, but he followed behind him, tugging on his forearm to get him to acknowledge him.