the kids aren't alright

pairing: triptacion

in which michael goes on a playdate from hell with the boy from across the street.

kindergarten!au

warning: this imagine contains a lot of dark humor. don't read if you're easily offended.

-

it wasn't that michael disliked jahseh or anything. given their track record, he would probably consider him to be his best friend. (he didn't have many friends in general so that wasn't saying much). he just didn't like going over to his house because quite frankly: he was scared of him.

jahseh was an odd child who liked to make up weird "games" that literally just involved inflicting pain on other people. the last time he went over to jahseh's house they played a game called "surgery" in which the little demon got a knife from the kitchen and tried to slice michael's stomach open so that he could "do surgery on him".  if cleo hadn't gotten home when she did, mikey probably would've been in need of real surgery.

unfortunately for him, his mother angela was really good friends with cleo, so she'd often go over to her house to gossip about their co-workers and the ain't-shit niggas in their lives. that meant bringing her son along with her too, and that meant that jahseh had free reign to do whatever he wanted to poor mikey for at least a couple of hours.

"mommy i don't wanna go!" michael puckered out a deep frown and stomped his feet against the carpet, as if that was going to make his mother change his mind. "seh seh scares me!"

angela didn't react to the boy's semi-tantrum, only continuing to help him into his fall bomber jacket against his will before responding. "i don't know why you making faces like that's finna make my change my mind. what's the matter, ain't you and jahseh best friends?"

michael shook his head, "i change my mind, i don't like him no more. he always try to hurt me."

"well me and ms. cleo gon' be downstairs in the living room like we always are. if he hurting you that bad just tell us. now c'mon," she took the boy by the hand and lead him out of the front door, pouty face and teary eyes be damned.

jahseh on the other hand was ecstatic when he heard that mikey was coming over for a playdate and he wouldn't stop talking about it for the entire day. he looked forward to torturing - err, spending time with his best friend for a couple of hours while their mothers did boring grown folk stuff. 

he had so many games planned for the younger boy today, and to make matters even better were that stokeley and jarad were going to be over his house today as well, and while he liked to torture them as well, tormenting michael was more fun to him. he lived to see the fear flickering in his golden-brown eyes like a lighter in a dimly lit attic before he switched to extinguishing the flames and comforting the boy before things went too far so that he wouldn't tell on him.

"is mikey here yet? is mikey here? is mikey here?" jahseh tugged on his mother's sleeve, the constant repetition annoying to her.

"do you see him in here? then no. he not here. now go sit your ass down somewhere - better yet make yourself useful and go upstairs and bring me my newports," cleo ordered, digging through her off-brand fendi bag to find a lighter. "hurry up too, i ain't got all day."