Episode 2: Sad times

(A/N: Found a good song by Taeyeon for the story up top~)

Y/N POV

I stared at a picture of me and my mom on my dresser. As I was getting ready, I remembered the great times we had. How often we would go to the zoo. That's why I love my job so much, because of those trips.

I pulled my bag over my shoulder and took a deep breath. "I'll see you soon, Eomma..."

I left the house and walked to the flower shop where Auntie and Chaeyoung worked. When I entered, Auntie showed an open yet sad smile. I knew the reason why, it was because she felt what I was feeling right now.

"Chae, may you bring the flowers I sat down over here?" She called over to her daughter. "It's only been 3 years since the accident, I can imagine how you feel."

"It's okay Auntie, I need days like this. When everything is quiet, make our conversations a little more interesting." I managed to smile and she the same.

"You're such a good son, Y/N."

Chaeyoung came over and Auntie told her to give them to me in which she obeyed. "What are the flowers for, did someone die?"

"Chaeyoung!"

"No, it's okay. She doesn't know." I turned my attention to Chaeyoung and bowed slightly. "Thank you."

I nodded to both of them and left the shop.

Son Chaeyoung POV

"Have you lost your mind?!" Mom scolded me angrily.

"What did I do?"

She rolled her eyes at me and pulled a picture from her bag. It was a picture of  her and another woman. They both were relatively young and I assumed they were good friends.

"The woman beside me is Y/N's mother. She died 3 years ago and today is the anniversary of her death."

I nodded as I understood what she was saying. Suddenly, I felt the urge to cry. I'm so stupid and careless and didn't realize what happened earlier.

"Oh my God, mianhae eomma..."

She shook her head slowly. "I shouldn't be the one you apologize to."

I knew what she meant and quickly prepared to leave. "Don't forget to take an umbrella, it's going to rain soon."

I took one and ran outside to the cemetery. I cant run that fast compared to a guy but a girl maybe. Mom was right, it started to pour down before I made it there so I opened the unbrella.

The cemetery was nearly empty with there only being one person standing at a grave. The rain soaked them as I made my way over.

Y/N POV

I crouched down at mom's grave placing the flowers down. They were lillies since she loved them. I allowed some tears to fall as I looked at her grave. Here lies ML/N MF/N, a caring mother and a best friend. 19XX-20XX.

I sighed at the grave ignoring the rain falling on to me. "Annyeonghaseyo eomma, I'm doing well. I finally got that job at the shelter like I dreamed of and Ms. Song is super nice. Gomabseubnida for believing in me."

I heard someone sneeze behind and jerked my head to them. It was Chaeyoung.

"What are you doing out here, you'll catch cold."