Episode 4: Chaeyoung meet Chaeyoung

(A/N: April has become the official month for kpop 😂)

~A week after last EP~

Y/N POV

It's been about a week since I fixed things with Chaeyoung. We've talked every now and then but our conversations were very short lived mainly because of our jobs. It sort of sucks being an adult and having to work but life doesn't care about who complains. Ms. Song gave me a day off so maybe I'll text her.

I took out my phone and asked her if she was busy today. Unfortunately, she was helping Auntie at the shop. Luckily, she was going to be free by noon. "Well, what should I do now?"

I pondered for a bit before Yong came on the couch and attacked my hand. "Hmm, I guess we could play for a bit."

Chaeyoung POV

"Yah eomma, where do you want the Azaleas?" I asked mom while staring at the boxes of potted azaleas.

"Bring them over here, dear!" I nodded and squatted down attempting to pick up the first one.

I wasn't surprised that I struggled to move the box by even an inch. "Damn, if only someone stronger were around."

Actually.

I texted Y/N to come over immediately saying it was an "emergency". While waiting, I kept making attempts with what I had. "Do you need help?"

I looked at the owner of the unfamiliar voice. She was tall, maybe as tall as Y/N and she was lighter in skin color. Her hair was a faded pink and long. She looked pretty in more than one way. And she had an old resemblance to a chipmunk.

"Um, hello?"

She snapped her fingers pulling me back into reality. "O-oh sorry, what did you say?"

I guess my own cluelessness was amusing since she chuckled. "I asked if you needed help. I don't really have a lot of muscle but two is better than one, right?"

"Oh, that'd be nice actually. Let's try it."

Both of us gave it our all and we did manage to at least move that one box. After we put it down, we were out of air and decided to take a break.

The girl wiped her forehead and fanned herself. "To think that was only one box doesn't make me feel too good."

"Hey, we at least got one done that's all that matters. Besides the heavy lifting are for the brutes."

"You said it."

We laughed together and talked a bit more. I decided that I should introduce myself since I have a feeling that this wont be the last time I see her.

"By the way, my name is Son Chaeyoung. It's nice to meet you."

She released a loud gasp that almost gave me a heart attack. "Sorry, it's just that my name is also Chaeyoung, Park Chaeyoung."

"Omg, how cool is it to meet someone with the same name as you!"

"Right, I feel like I've met another me!"

Time went by and our energy came back so we could move another box. "How many more do we have to move?"

I pointed to what remained of the dozen of boxes making her sigh. "My arms are going to break off before the day ends."