Episode 5: Squirrel and Chipmunk

(A/N: I decided to do a new song for just this EP to match what's going on)

Y/N POV (Highschool)

"I can't believe I've been pulled into this." I groaned while walking behind my group of "friends".

Well, one of them were actually my friend. Her name was Park Chaeyoung, or as the school calls her, Rosé. We've been friends since freshman year and are basically inseparable. The school has given us nicknames which have stuck with us since the beginning Squirrel and Chipmunk.

"It's okay Y/N oppa." Chaeyoung said in a sweet voice. "Once we're done, we can hangout at my place."

I don't want to do it at all.

"Look alive idiots, it's almost showtime." The douchebag Jongin, known in school as Kai announced. "That asshole Jungkook must pay the price of hitting on my girl!"

"Seriously?" I spoke from the back of the group. Everyone turned around and looked at me with my arms folded. "You're going to break into some guy's house because he spoke to Nayeon? That doesn't sound right Kai."

"Do you have a problem with it? If so you, you can run away like the coward you are Y/N." This time Nayeon, the drama queen, spoke.

I sighed. "Let's just get this over with."

Kai nodded and knocked on the door. Well, it's more of a bang. The person that answered the door wasn't Jungkook, but whether a younger girl. Must been his sister.

She looked at each of us innocently. Who could blame her, the people before her were the ones who would soon be responsible for the killing of her older brother.

"Kookie, I think you have visitors~!" She yelled out through the house.

"Such a cute little sister..."I heard Chaeyoung mumble.

She didn't sound to 'awe' about it and stood close behind me. She has always been like this since we were second years. If she became shy, nervous, scared or anything besides happy, she would stand close to me. I guess she assumes I can protect her but I can not. I have never raised a fist in my life and I've never ran headfirst into a burning building. She calls me her hero but I am not. I can never be.

I'm too soft.

Once Jungkook came to the door in a T-shirt and torn jeans, Kai and the others yanked him outside and began hurting him. It all happened so fast and he didn't have time to run back in or close the door to shield the eyes of his sister that stood terrified at the entrance.

Me and Chaeyoung shared a look and read each other's mind. We went to the door where the girl stood and attempted to comfort her.

"Why are they hurting oppa!" Her tears ran down like an avalanche running down Mt. Everest. "What did he do wrong?!"

Chae pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back. It was hard. It was hard to bear those tears and Chae began to release her own.

I wrapped them both in a hug and heard the little girl whisper in her trembling voice. "Please, Save him. He hasn't done anything wrong..."