Episode 3: A misunderstanding

(A/N: I've already given the puppy in the last EP a name for this chapter, but it's up to you how you wanna name him.)

Y/N POV

"Okay Yong, time to take your medicine." I spoke softly to my new roommate.

He limped towards me and I took note of his recovery. Once he was in my reach, I gave him his medicine and praised him for his behavior.

"See, wasn't so bad." He barked and waged his tail.

We sat down on the couch and searched through the TV channels until I found something good to watch. Luckily, Decendants of The Sun (a good drama with Song Jong ki and Song hye kyo btw!) was on. With Yong in my lap curled up in a small ball, I found myself feeling relaxed.

When I was younger, my mom once told me that you are never really alone. That even when she died and went to heaven, she would always be with me. She said that even when I'm down, cold, and scared that she would protect me.

I sighed. "I never got to return the favor."

I ended up shedding a tear but quickly removed it. My boss was calling me so I answered.

"Hey Ms.Song, is something wrong?" I cleared my voice so it wouldn't sound obvious.

"No but you have a visitor."

I raised my eyebrow. "Visitor?"

She hummed back. "The flower shop girl. Get here quickly."

She didn't give me a second to spare before hanging up. I scratched my head and threw the phone in my pocket.

"So weird."

Chaeyoung POV

"Thank you so much for helping me." I thanked Y/N's boss as sincere as I could.

"Don't sweat it."

She was getting ready to leave but I grabbed her hand. "If you don't mind me asking but does Y/N ever talk about any girls?"

She raised her brows then placed her hand on her chin. "Hmmm, now that you mention it..."

Dang it, so he does have someone else in mind. Not that I planned on flirting with him or anything but I just wanted to know. But if he has someone in his heart already then that's fine too.

"I dont think he ever has." I should punch myself. "He's so absorbed in his work that he never talks about a love interest or anything. Why you ask?"

"N-no reason, just wondering." I looked away so she wouldn't see my embarrassed face.

Luckily, Y/N had just arrived. The two talked for a good bit before she sent him my way. He looked a bit cold today like if he didn't want to be bothered. I kind of feel bad for calling him here.

"What's wrong, did you find another hurt animal?" He asked me in his deep masculine voice. His eyes made my heart beat faster.

"N-n-no! It's just, I wanted to see the puppy and wondered how he was doing and-"

He made a 'tsking' noise and redirected his eyes to somewhere else. "He's fine."

I sighed and looked away from his deadly gaze. "T-that's g-great Y-Y/N."

"Are you ok?"

"Mhm never better, I've got to go! Tall to you later, not that I don't have anything better to do. I mean I dont but I um UM!!"