➳0.8

*sorry about what you're going to read.*

It's been already a week. A week living with Harry. Or at least trying to.

I've been looking for a job too, and I've found one. A little coffee shop at the end of the street. It's really small and I really like the atmosphere. I went there a few days ago, and for my surprise they needed a waitress. Lucky me.

I wake up at 8AM, knowing that Harry hasn't come back yet. It's not like I spy him, but I hear when he comes and leaves. He has been leaving the house everyday at 2pm for the past week. He comes back at 6.15pm and leaves at 11pm to come back in the morning, have a shower, and do exactly the same thing for the rest of the day. I don't really see him, because he locks himself up in his room. He doesn't speak to me, and I'm not annoyed or anything, but it's awkward. After I shouted at him a week ago because he went to Niall's house to pick up my things, he left the apartment. I waited for him to come back, and he did come back, of course. But he was drunk as hell. I apologised and he shrugged heading to his room. After that day, I'm pretty sure he avoids me.

I jump out of the bed and head to the bathroom. I take a quick shower and rush into 'my' room. A part of me wants to bump into Harry on my way to my new job. But the other part is praying and hoping not to bump into him.

I put a pair of jeans and a white sweatshirt. I comb my hair and try to dry it a little bit with a towel. After that I check the time. 8.20AM. I put a pair of sneakers and grab my bag. I step out of my room and look around. There isn't any sign of Harry so I head to the front door. I don't bother on having breakfast, I'll just get something on my way to work.

Just when I think I'm not going to bump into Styles, someone opens the door. Harry stumbles inside struggling to get rid of his coat. He smells like cheap whisky and smoke. His eyes are bloodshot, probably because of the mix he made. His eyes finally meet mine and his lips part. I sigh and help him with his coat, his eyes still burning me. When I finally take his jacket off him, he leans against the wall.

"You.. Leaving?" He slurs.

"I'm going to work." I dryly reply grabbing my keys and opening the front door.

"You're coming back, right?" He asks with a shaky voice. What's his problem? He has been ignoring me for a week.

"Like if I had another place to go." I say before closing the door behind me.

...

"Hey newbie," I hear a voice and I look up to find a short boy with blue eyes and brown messy hair staring at me with a smile. I look around, trying to know if he's talking to me or not. "Uhm, Melissa?" He says reading the little plastic piece where I have my name written.

"Hmm?" I mumble looking at him.

"I'm Louis Tomlinson?" He says and I frown. "I'm Kate's grandson." He rubs the back of his neck and that's when it hits me. Kate is my boss. She's an old lady that used to work here alone, but she couldn't take it anymore so she had to hire more people.

"Oh my God, I'm sorry." I say blushing and Louis lets out a laugh.

"No biggie. Kate wanted to let you know that you can leave now, I'll take care of everything."

"I can stay if she's not feeling okay."

"Don't worry, go home, get some rest. See you tomorrow." He says with a big smile on his face and I nod.

I go to the staff room and grab my things.

At 3pm I step out of the little coffee shop. I check my phone, again, to see if I have new messages or calls, but no, I don't. In less than 15 minutes, I'm front of Harry's house. I look at the building's door before letting out a big sigh and stepping inside.

When I open the apartment's door I find, for my surprise, Harry. He's sitting on the couch, his eyes focused on the wall and his brows furrowed. I clear my throat while leaving the keys on a little plate and Harry doesn't move. He broke his "routine". He should have left an hour ago.

"You okay?" I finally break the silence, and he just nods. "Do you need a pill or water?" I mumble and his eyes move away from the wall.

"No, thank you." He replies blankly.

"Okay..." I mutter turning on my heels.

"So you have a job?" He blurts out and I nod. "Where?"

"Why are you so interested all of a sudden?" I say crossing my arms over my chest. And he rolls his eyes.

"I'm just trying to start a conversation." He says shrugging and I snort.

"You've been ignoring and avoiding me the whole week!"

"We weren't friends and I have a life too, you know." He smirks looking at me.

"Oh, and we are now?"

"Well, that's up to you..."

"Oh great." I say rolling my eyes and he stands up and walks towards me. I jerk away when he's about to touch me. "Are you always so difficult?" I mumble before turning on heels and stepping inside my room. I lie down on my bed and close my eyes for a second.

I open my eyes when I hear a loud crash on the hall. I roll my eyes and look at the clock. 11pm.

Wait...

11pm?!

I fell asleep at 4.30pm, and I've slept for 7 hours?

I hear another loud crash that makes me jump. I slowly open my bedroom's door. The whole house is dark.

"Harry?" I whisper. Suddenly I see something, a shadow, moving towards me. Running towards me. I slam the door before 'it' can get inside and lock it. I gasp and start panicking. I put an arm chair and the desk against the door, blocking it. That wasn't Harry. That wasn't him and that person is out there. And I'm alone.

I look for my bag, and remember that it's outside, in the hall. Along with my keys and everything. I don't have another phone. I'm completely alone.

I hear another loud crash and then, someone hits my door with something heavy. Suddenly, I burst out crying. I try to cry in silence, I try not to move, not to make a huge noise. I curl up in a corner, and bring my knees to my chest. I wrap my arms around my legs and bury my head in them.

I don't know why, but the first person I'm thinking of, right now, is Harry. I wish he was here. I don't know how to protect myself, and I'm scared. I don't need his protection.

Or maybe I do.

***

THE STORY IS ABOUT TO REAAAALLLYYYYY BEGIN YYAYAYAYYAAYYYYY. Hope you liked the chapter REMEMBER to vote and comment because it makes me happy and it makes me wanna write more plus the next chapter is gonna be hugE.

I know you're waiting for a kiss, passion, etc etc, but I'm trying to be realistic here. She's not gonna fall for a guy when two weeks ago she was about to marry another one idk.

ILY GUYSSSS.

-Patri.