➳ 1.5

Harry stares into my eyes and blink, trying to figure everything out. Harry's hands cup my face and his eyes move from my eyes to my lips, and he licks his lips slowly.

He moves his eyes back to mine, and removes his hands from my face, letting his arms fall at the sides of his body. Then he sighs and turns, running a hand through his curly hair.

"Alright. " I finally say and he turns, his eyes wide open, like if I had caught him off guard with that first word. I didn't really wanted that, to be the first thing I said after the kiss. But everything was completely messed up.

I grab everything and quickly head to the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I throw everything and then look at the mirror. My cheeks are flushed due to what happened a few minutes before.

I open the bathroom's door again to find my room empty. The bruised giant is nowhere to be seen. I step out of my room and hear a cough coming from his bedroom. So first he kisses me and runs away?

Well,  technically I was the one who ran away first.

I don't knock, I open the door and find Harry shirtless in front of the mirror, checking his ribs. He has bruises all over his back and ribcage. I look at him horrified and he groans when he sees me.

"You should learn the meaning of 'privacy' and 'knock on my fucking door'.  " He says and I completely ignore him. I approach him and he turns to face me, arms crossed over his chest.

"You need to go to the police."  I say with a tone of panic and he snorts.

"Police won't do shit. Forget it. " He says throwing a t-shirt over his head.

" So we ignore it? " I ask furrowing my eyebrows and he sits on his bed.

" We? " He asks in a disgusted tone." There is no 'we'  nor 'us'  here. I'm sorry if this is hard to hear for you, but I'm not into you, I just have needs. " he says in a serious tone,  and I swear for a moment I feel empty. Something breaks inside me. I've been broken, not only one time, but two. It feels like my heart is being literally ripped off my chest. This is where I realise I love this boy. He keeps pushing me away, sending me mixed signals. And like the stupid I am, I'm still around. But whenever I try to leave, he makes me change my mind. He isn't going to make me happy, but he won't let me find happiness by myself.

"That was... Wow. " I say, my voice cracking." Make sure next time you don't send me mixed signals.  I'd really appreciate that. And also, you need to see a therapist. You're fucking bipolar." I say and storm out of his room. I sit on the couch and take my phone out. I want to call Louis and get a better explanation of why is Harry so fucked up.

Before I can do anything, Harry sits in front of me. I ignore his presence. I know he's about to tell me he didn't mean it that he has problems blah blah. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it." As I said. "I don't know how I always end up hurting you and-"  I cut him off.

"Just let me go, let me leave. You keep saying we are friends but you're hurting me Harry. My heart has been broken once,  and you're breaking it again, after you helped breaking it the first time and after you helped healing it. Harry, you're destroying me. "

" Mel, you don't understand." he says shaking his head.

"Then help me. For once, come clean, Harry. What do you want from me? Harry for God's sake." I say breaking down and he sighs.

"I was trying to avoid this. "

" Define 'this'. "

" You having feelings for me. Me having feelings for you."

"Wow,  I should congratulate you, you succeeded in one of them." I say clapping my hands with sarcasm.

"Look, you're an amazing girl, an amazing woman. You are a fighter and your flaws are probably that you're naive and a really good person. Yes, that's both, a flaw and a virtue. You let everyone in, even though you think you don't, you do. Trust me when I'm saying I'm protecting you. Hate me, punch me, or do whatever you want, but don't leave this house, unless it's with me or Louis."

"Harry this is not funny. " I mutter between sobs.

"I'm not kidding. You want the truth? I'll give it to you. I'm tired of fighting. I will tell you everything you want yo hear, but now this is all you can have." He says and suddenly his phone rings. He checks the screen and furrows his eyebrows. He stands up and answers.

I can't really listen to the conversation but I can tell he's nervous and he's never nervous. I grab my phone and pretend I'm doing something when he comes back.

"Forget everything I said. I was messing around. " He says looking straight into my eyes. I look at him confused and he does what he always does when he lies: he blinks twice. I've told him that I usually know when he lies,  and he has told me he does that on purpose. So basically he wants me to know he didn't lie to me but he wants me to believe that he did.

"Whatever you say. Go fuck yourself. " I roll my eyes, keeping the act.

As I leave I catch him smiling at the ground. He's probably smiling because he knows I never swear when I'm serious. I don't know what's on his mind, but he doesn't know what's on mine either.

...

I wake up, have a shower and follow my routine. Today I don't have to go to work,  but Harry doesn't know that. I put my working clothes in a sports bag and quickly leave the apartment. As always Harry watches me leave. Little does he know what is going to happen today.

I step out of the lift and quicky hide under the stairs of the building's hall. I leave my bag there and patiently wait for Harry to make an appearance. I grab a black hoddie from the sports bag,  a pair of black glasses and tie my hair into a ponytail. I look like a drug dealer,  seriously.

About 20 minutes later the lift makes a sound and its doors open. Harry steps out, phone in hand. He's wearing a brown jacket, a bandana, dark jeans and dark brown boots. It is him. Once he leaves the hall I quickly come out of my hiding place and follow him. The street is crowded but I can see his messy hair in that sea of people. He stops by his car and I quickly hide behind a couple that gives me an strange look. I smile big so that they see I'm harmless, but they quickly get away from me. I don't blame them. I climb into a taxi and ask him to follow Harry.

The driver gives me a weird look but he does what I ask. After 20 minutes Harry's car stops in front of an old factory.

I tell the driver to stop the car before he can see us. He rolls his eyes and asks for his money.  I pay him and climb out of the car. Before I can regret about this, the taxi pulls out of this place,  and I'm left alone, God knows where. I can only see an old factory, Harry's car, a few abandoned houses and the road that connects with the city.

Now what?

***
Sorryyyy I've been super busy with exams and uni. Hopefully I'll get a new computer soon and I will update frequently. Now I have to write on my phone and it's annoying jsjfmdifkeof.

-patri