|| 𝙰𝚄𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚁'𝚂 𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙴 ||

Greetings to all you wonderful readers out there! I am honored, and excited, that you've taken the time and consideration to read this novel!

If you are a first time reader, welcome aboard! You can say 'HELLO!' as a side comment if you'd like! Or 'FTR', whichever's your preference. 

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

My name's Elijah C. Millington. I'm an black Caribbean-American writer who simply enjoys fantasy thrillers and dark novellas that encompass different genres of the fiction world. Most of them are told from a creature's perspective; diving deep into his or her thoughts and ideas while facing the dangerous threats of the real world.

On some occasions I enjoy writing fanfiction. This is one of those cases.

The story you're about to read started out as a simple idea. I believe it was in late August when I first wrote a minor draft to a friend of mine on Wattpad, just in support of a book she was creating. Upon getting a decent liking for this excerpt, it became the prologue for this book, and not long after it gained popularity.

I began officially writing the script in early September, already having an idea of what I wanted to create. Although I didn't watch the movie at the time: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, I knew about its ending when Owen's velociraptor, Blue, impaled the indoraptor on the horns of a skull in the Lockwood Mansion. 

I realized this followed the same typical death of the Indominus Rex in 2015, who drowned to a Mosasaurus attack. It made me realize that, though Henry Wu -- the designer of both creatures -- created them for some singular and, rather, 'sinister' purpose, neither one of them was ever viewed any differently than a monster designed to kill and plague our hearts with primal fear.

And I wanted to know why.

I wanted to know if, rather than be regarded as indestructible weapons and soulless freaks of nature, maybe humanity could understand why they acted so viciously. Maybe we could see why this isn't their fault, it is ours, and our thirst to abuse nature and its sole purpose: to live. Not only that, but our willingness to judge something based on where it came from, or rather why it's present today, makes it even more heartbreaking.

With that in mind, I began to write. I just never thought I would ever go this far in it.

Ripper: An Indoraptor Story speaks of a new life from the indoraptor's eyes, taking the crazed and odd idea of what may happen if he was given a second chance to live. Now, nobody would accept this as a good idea (especially not now, due to the current havoc in California at the end of the movie, and the fact that he's bloodthirsty for people... still.)

Even so, I've come across several stories on Wattpad that constantly depict Ripper as a vicious and brutal shadow who's filled with no remorse. Or, even the exact opposite: a matriarch entitled to simply love another because of 'popular demand'. 

But I wanted to create something unique. Something special and meaningful that falls beyond the common call of Wattpad stories, and into a region of storytelling that nobody has ever dared to enter.

I wanted to expose Ripper to a world much bigger than himself. To push him into the beauty of nature, life, truth, and positivism, hoping to draw the evil out after being perceived (for years) as a danger to society. Perhaps having Ripper cooperate with humanity in some form can balance the worlds that have divided us in pop culture scenery or novels, and form into something we can all cherish.