Chapter 열아홉

The next Saturday, you spend all day preparing for the night of your dreams. Namjoon said he'd pick you up at 6 for dinner, and then you'd go to the dance where you'd meet up with the rest of the club. 

You had a lovely dark blue dress that your mother had helped pick out. It had a formfitting top and a flowing layered skirt, accented by a pair of pearl earrings that she had lent you. 

It was hard to describe the way wearing it all made you feel. It was almost like you would fit in with the white stars of the night sky. Comets would brush past and whisper greetings and you'd happily return them. The moon would be your best friend because oh, how lovely you looked tonight. 

When it was time to do hair and make-up, you knew you were at a loss. You could ask your mother for assistance on your hair, but there was little either of you could do in the area of cosmetics. Before the thought even crossed your mind, a text appeared on your phone.

Suga: Want some assistance with your makeup? 

(Y/N): Yes please

Less then ten minutes later, there was a knock on your door and you ran to open it. And there he was, dressed up and holding a bag that you could only assume held his art supplies. "Hey love. You ready for tonight?" 

Before you could answer, your mother rushed up behind you to greet the visitor. "Hello, I'm (Y/N)'s mother, Hayun."

"It's a pleasure." Your mother was obviously charmed and she invited him inside. You just laughed, knowing Yoongi's usually savage personality.

They sat you down in your room and as your mother began to work on your hair, Yoongi got to work on your face. Just as the last time, he didn't make any major changes. He just took what you already had and made it more noticeable. 

It took about an hour for them to finish. You stood up and walked to your mirror, immediately freezing staring at the reflection. 

It was easy to see now why you felt so ethereal. 

You looked like an angel.

Your hair fell lightly around your shoulders, curled to frame your face gently. And your face, it was glowing. Every angle was perfect. Your eyes shone with the light of every star in the sky. 

Yoongi and your mother walked up behind you, smiling at their handy-work. It was almost time, and you couldn't help but be nervous. But when they looked at you and you saw their confidence, you took in a deep breath and tried to be confident too.

And then a knock came on the door.

Fun fact: my prom night was two days ago.
As some of you know, my ex broke up with me two weeks ago, on April Fools Day.
My best friend took me to prom instead and wow did I have the night of my life.

so anyways here's the place you can ask stuff if you want for the Q&A ->

and here's my face reveal

edit 2020: if anyone wants to see my prom photos, they're on my instagram sarahsolberg

edit 2020: if anyone wants to see my prom photos, they're on my instagram sarahsolberg.official