𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Timeline:

Peter Parker: 16 years old

Rosemary Parker: 7 months old

Michelle Jones: 16 years old

Aunt May: 30 years old

{ April 12, 2019 }

🕷

↳ Peter Parker expected most things in life

↳ Peter Parker expected most things in life. The highs, the lows...he didn't expect her. When he had the sense that something was wrong on the bridge Thursday night, he somehow knew his life was going to change forever. He had gotten to the bridge in his Spider-Man suit, being surprised by a huge green man-like lizard terrorizing the people of New York. Peter knew he was there for a reason, but he didn't know exactly what it was. Until he spotted her. She was crying. Crying because she knew something bad was happening. He saw her too. Her mother.

She was crying as well, in desperation to get her child to safety. Peter ignored his surroundings, including the Lizard Man, and made his way to the crying baby.

"I'm going to get you both out of here, alright? You can trust me. I'm just a normal guy." Peter had said when he noticed the fear in her eyes.

"You can't save us both. It's too late. Please just take care of her for me, please..." Peter had grabbed the baby from her arms as he extended his hand out to her. "I can get you both out of here, ma'am. Just take my hand."

She shook her head. "Don't. The car is going to come down soon, just go! Save yourselves, please. Promise me you'll take care of her-"

"Ma'am, I-I can't promise you that, I-"

"Promise me! Promise me...she has nobody else." The car had suddenly erupted in flames and Peter had to get out of there fast - without her.

Peter took off his mask, the woman realizing how young he looked. "I promise."

That was it. Peter quickly shot a web onto the bridge to save himself and the baby as he watched the car go with the woman looking up at them. Peter closed his eyes as the car fell into the ocean. He slowly opened his eyes as he looked over to the baby in his arm.

"I'm sorry."

-----------------------

Peter slowly crept through his window with the baby in his arm as she was getting fussy. Peter laid her gently on his bed as he locked the door behind him.

"Can you not cry? Please? For me?" Peter said, looking down at the baby. The baby just stared at him until she suddenly cried. "C'mon, I said please!"

"Peter?" Aunt May knocked, making Peter jump.

Peter looked around to find something to make the baby be quiet and when he couldn't find anything, he opened the door barely. "Y-Yes?"

"Is there a baby crying in here?"

"No, what are you talking about?"

Aunt May looked at him still in his suit. "Peter, what did you do?" The baby was still crying as Aunt May moved past Peter, Peter failing to keep her out.

Aunt May gasped, seeing the baby girl on Peter's bed. "Peter?"

"She's not mine. I saved her from the bridge."

"W-What? Where is her mother?"

Peter looked down. "I couldn't save her. She told me to promise her that I was going to take care of her...and I did."

Aunt May finally looked at Peter, frowning. "Peter...you're 16. A baby is a huge responsibility, you're too young."

"I know but, Aunt May...what else was I supposed to do? She has nobody else, I didn't see a ring on her finger so who knows who the father is?"

Aunt May gently held the baby in her arms. "Well, you're going to have to find the father-"

"No! I'm going to take care of her...I said it. It doesn't matter if I'm too young, I promised her mother and I'm going to keep it."

Aunt May looked at Peter. "Fine. Whatever you decide to do - I'm with you all the way."

Peter smiled up at her. "Do you know what she needs? Because I have no idea." He said, referring to the baby.

Aunt May smiled down at the baby. "She's probably hungry. Who knows when the last time she ate was...poor thing."

"Uh, can you tell me what she'll need? Milk, right? Like from, you know..."

Aunt May chuckled. "No, she looks a bit too old for that anymore. Regular milk is fine. I'll give you a list of what she'll need."

Peter nodded, getting out of his bedroom.

"Uh, Peter? Forgetting about something?"

Peter frowned. "What? You have to give me the list, right?"

Aunt May looked at him in his suit. "Shouldn't you take off your suit first?" Aunt May smiled, walking out with the baby.

"Right." Peter chuckled, closing the door behind her.

author's note:

here's the prologue !
i hope you liked it, ty sm!
btw, next chapter is the first chapter
and when MJ meets the baby.

please don't forget to vote & comment! ♡