𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

{ please don't forget to vote and comment! your love & support makes me update frequently enjoy reading! }

🕷

Peter climbed in through the window as he noticed MJ laying on the bed, reading a book. He took off his mask as he tried to catch his breath.

"You okay?" MJ raised her eyebrow, closing the book and setting it on the lamp stand next to her. "I saw you on the news...something about a bank robbery?"

"Yeah." Peter groaned, laying down beside her. "I'm exhausted. There were a bunch of them, MJ. I don't know how I managed to take them all down, but I did. I really need a massage, I need to sleep-"

"I'm proud of you, I really am." She kissed his sweaty forehead. "But, did you forget what we had planned for tonight?"

"Snuggle up on the couch with Rose while we watch another Disney movie?" He said, closing his eyes.

"Peter! You forgot." MJ crossed her arms, pouting.

Peter sprung up, finally realizing what today actually was. "Oh shit....it's our anniversary."

"No...is it really, Peter?" She said, sarcastically.

Peter groaned, grabbing her hand and interlocking it with his. "Look, I'm sorry for forgetting. I guess I've been too busy and I had no idea what day it was, I'm really sorry."

MJ shook her head and Peter noticed she was nearly in tears. "MJ, don't cry...I-"

MJ got up from the bed, wiping away the tears that had fallen. "No, it's just that...I thought tonight was going to be different, you know? Our past anniversaries we've been at home with Rose because she couldn't see us leave her so we had dinner here with her. I'm not saying I don't want to spend time with her...but it's our anniversary. Rose is now at the age that she can see us go and not have her run after us or not get a call from Aunt May or my Mom saying that she won't go to sleep without us telling her goodnight...Are you understanding me, Peter?"

Peter nodded. "No, I know what you mean...but I promise you, Em, that tonight is going to be different, you know why? I'll call May and see if she can babysit-"

"She can't. She's going on her date with Happy. I already called my mother too...everyone's busy, Peter."

Peter sighed, sitting back down on the bed. He thought of any other person they could trust to take care of Rosemary when Megan popped in his mind.

"What if I call Megan and have her babysit?" Peter said.

MJ frowned at him. "Megan?"

"Yeah," He stood up. "I can call her and see if she can babysit Rose for us for awhile."

MJ pursed her lips. "I don't know, Peter. I mean, yeah she's our friend and all, but do you really think-"

"You wanted us to go on a date, don't you? Let me just call her and see if she's busy."

MJ nodded, walking out of the room. Peter pulled out his phone, unlocking it while looking for Megan in his contacts.

He put the phone up to his ear as he heard it ring.

By the third ring, she finally picked up. "Hello?"

"Hey, Megan...are you busy?" He walked around the room as he waited for a response.

"Mm, not really. What's up?" Peter knew he was on speaker as he heard the sink running along with a loud bang.

"You seem pretty busy, maybe I shouldn't bother you..." Peter chuckled.

"No, I was just about to finish washing the dishes. What can I do for you?"

Peter cleared his throat. "Um, I was actually wondering if you could babysit Rosemary for MJ and I tonight? I know it's such short notice. It's just that...it's our six year anniversary and I completely forgot and MJ was crying and I felt bad, and she called everyone else and I didn't think of anyone but you-"

"Peter?" Megan interrupted. "Chill. I can take care of Rosemary for you guys, it's no problem."

"You can?"

"Yes."

Peter sighed a breath of relief. "Thank you, Megan. You're the best."

Megan chuckled. "I'll see you soon, Peter."

-----------------------

"MJ and I have a list of instructions on the kitchen table about Rosemary, everything is on there." Peter said to Megan as he put on his jacket.

Megan frowned. "Instructions? Peter, I think I know how to handle a five year old....I do it all the time." She said, looking over to Sienna who was petting Noon.

"It's not that." MJ said, putting down Noon and walking over to them. "Rose has a certain bedtime that we follow and she doesn't like to eat certain things, she's very picky. The list has food she likes and food she doesn't like....oh, and she's allergic to peanuts so please don't give her a peanut butter sandwich or anything with peanuts."

"Rosemary is very good girl. She won't cause you any trouble, but, if she does or if there is any other problem, you have MJ and I's number, got it?" Peter smiled at her.

"Yeah, I think so." Megan smiled. "Don't worry guys, have fun."

Peter turned around to Rosemary. "Rose, Mama and I are leaving. Can we get a goodbye kiss?"

Rosemary quickly ran up to them, puckering her lips as MJ and Peter both bent down to kiss her. "Love you."

They said their goodbyes to Megan and Sienna as they walked out of the house with Megan closing the door behind them.

Megan smiled at the girls as she passed by them, heading off to the kitchen table to grab the list of instructions. She looked to see if Rose or Sienna were watching before backing up further into the kitchen.

She pressed a few buttons on her watch before she got the number dialed. She didn't wait for him to greet her and immediately spoke.

"Dad? I'm in."

author's note:

hi, i hope you guys liked that! i'll hopefully be updating tomorrow if I finish the next chapter in time 😌

thanks for reading and please don't forget to comment your thoughts!!! ♡