𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

🕷

Peter knocked on Rosemary's bedroom door as she was busy editing one of her vlogs. "Rose, can I talk to you for a second?"

"If it's about me being Spiderling-I've heard you scream it all before earlier and I don't want to hear it again." She sighed, sitting on the bed. He sat next to her, chuckling.

"I'm sorry for screaming at you. It's something I shouldn't have done." He cleared his throat. "I just...I just couldn't believe that the person I was fighting with was my own daughter. When I saw the mask slip off you-"

Rosemary chuckled. "I did not want you finding out-at least, not the way you did but, Dad, you got a tad bit aggressive and I just couldn't take it anymore. Even when I tried and hit you there, sorry about that by the way, I thought, maybe I should just slip the mask off and he'll see that it's me? And that's exactly what I did."

"So that was you all this time, huh? The one who stopped the robbers? The police chase? The one who saved the kid from the burning building?"

Rosemary nodded. "That was me. Listen, Dad, I really am sorry for not telling you. The day you and Mom got home drunk really made me so agitated that something happened to you guys...so I went to Tony the next day and he already had the necklace in his possession for me, and so I did this for protection-to protect Nathan and I if something happened to Mom...or even you."

"Rose, do you know who I am?" Peter chuckled. "Hey, I'm so sorry I was so rough on you, I just don't want to see you get hurt, you know? All your life I've been protecting you and I don't want to see you get hurt doing the things I do. I got bit by a spider, I got my powers and I had no choice! Do you know why I got mad? You chose this, you wanted to be apart of this superhero life-and all I ever wanted was for you to live a normal life. I love that you want to protect yourself and your brother but as long as I'm Spider-Man, we're all going to be okay. I love the idea that my own daughter is Spiderling and that doesn't change the fact that I'm still so proud of you but we're going to be okay."

Rosemary pouted. "Okay then, can I just be Spiderling only when there's actual trouble or when you need help? We worked great together, you can't deny that."

Peter smiled. "Eh, I'll think about it. I'll leave you so you can go back to whatever you were doing."

He got up from her bed, messing up her hair as Rosemary spoke up. "Wait, Dad?"

"Hm?" He turned back around.

"I love you." She wrapped her arms around him as he hugged her back.

"I love you too."

author's note:

i won't be able to update tomorrow or friday because i'm going on a road trip to utah and going to the fanx convention to meet tom mf holland🥺

anyways thanks for reading and please don't forget to vote and comment! ♡