ONE | One plus one

Hey everyone! Salaam (peace be upon you) to you all!

This is my first book here on Wattpad, so I'm not yet used to writing. Please show some love and support because I know it will really encourage me to continue writing and voting would mean so, so, so much to me. I hope you enjoy the story, I'd love to hear any feedback you guys have for me :)

But for now, let's get into it!

- Dawood's PoV

I sat at the driver's seat of my car, my fingers drumming nervously on the steering wheel as I waited for my mother, father and brother. My sister and her husband would be following just behind in their car.

"All in?" I asked. And they were. The whole crew. Minus my nephew, of course. Having cute little Huzaifa around might just change the purpose of the visit from marriage to 'gushing over cute baby'.

After 15 minutes of idle talk, my father spoke up, placing his hand on my shoulder as I drove.

"Dawood. I know you think you're not ready for this, but remember, your family are with you every step of the way, whatever decision you make."

I nodded, knowing that he was telling me the truth, that whatever the outcome of today was, my parents would not be upset with me. After all, the happiness of their children was always their priority. As I thought that, I thanked Allah and prayed to him to grant them the highest ranks of Paradise. But before my thoughts could float elsewhere, it was my mother's turn to speak up.

"It's just down the road now Son, Laila said it's fine to park in the drive."

So I did. We rolled in and I stopped the car outside the beautifully maintained house that might well conceal my future bride. My mother opened her door first and stepped out, my father next, and after that my sister and her husband from the car behind. Junaid stayed put. He was watching me carefully, a faint smile on his lips that showed he knew exactly how I was feeling.

"Come on bro, let's go in. I hear this girl is special..." he said with a wink, and I laughed. This guy would be the death of me, I thought, rolling my eyes at him as he led me to the group at the door.

- Sumaiya's PoV

"Summyyy! Come on! You have half an hour before they get here and you're still sat here in your bathrobe with a towel on your head! Get a move on before I take that mobile away from you." My mother shouted as I chuckled at her.

I was 22 years old, yet mama still treated me like I was 12. Here I was, with a potential fiancé coming to see me, and she still had to threaten to confiscate my gadgets. She was truly one of a kind.

"Okayyy I'll get ready, call Zahra for me please. Oh, and tell Faatiha I need her help." I groaned as I dragged myself up from my bed and towards my wardrobe.

"Good good. Now wear something pretty and be down in the kitchen in 20 minutes sharp, I have something waiting for you. No questions asked, just do as I say. I love you!" she called as she ran down the steps.

I pulled the heavy towel off my head, throwing it onto the bed and shaking my head upside down to free my flowing locks from the tangles they were bound to have got into. From my wardrobe, I picked a mauve wide leg trouser co-ord and layered it with a floaty abaya, before sitting at my dressing table and applying a light coat of tinted moisturiser with some mascara and lip gloss as my two sisters strolled in.

"Sumaiyaaaaa you look gorgeous!"

"He's not going to be able to take his eyes off you. Eek! I can't believe my little sister is actually getting married!!" shrieked Zahra.