SIX | Sharing the news

Second update of the day! Please comment to share some love <3

- Dawood's PoV

"On Thursday I'll be leaving the office early, straight after the meeting with the property developer, and on Friday I won't be in at all. I'll be back on Monday for the final checks, that means all current projects need to be completed by Wednesday." I stood at the front of the boardroom, watching my employees nodding attentively as they scribbled away in their notebooks and diaries the tasks that needed to be done within the next 48 hours.

" I stood at the front of the boardroom, watching my employees nodding attentively as they scribbled away in their notebooks and diaries the tasks that needed to be done within the next 48 hours

I rubbed my forehead firmly, the stress of the day was bringing on a headache, and I needed to get through as many files as possible before lunchtime. I had invited my best friends, Tayyab and Aadam, to have lunch with e today so I could tell them the good news and invite them to the engagement on Friday. I was nervous, yet so excited at the same time. I couldn't wait to make Sumaiya my wife, she was becoming a great friend of mine, and I felt at ease when I was with her. The preparation was coming along great, the project really seemed to bring everyone together so closely, and there was an atmosphere of excitement in the house that I hadn't sensed before.

As soon as I'd finished the necessary files, I headed down the road to the restaurant to meet the boys. After ordering our food and catching up on their latest news, it was my turn.

"So guys, I have pretty big news."

"What is it bro, everything okay?" asked Tayyab, concerned.

"Yeah. Yeah, alhamdulillah everything is just great. In fact, so great that I'm getting engaged. On Friday. And I want you guys there." I blurted out as their eyes opened wide.

"Whaaaat!!" screamed Aadam. "Dawood I'm so happy for you, of course we'll come. Who's the lucky girl?"

"Her name is Sumaiya..." and I told them how we met, and what the plans were so far.

When I finished, they clapped me on the back, cheered and were so happy it was like they were getting married themselves!