TWENTY TWO | You look breathtaking

Sumaiya's PoV

I woke up at 5 am and quickly switched off the alarms that were ringing on my phone. I panicked, not remembering where I was, when I realised – oh, I was married. I wasn't going to wake up in the same familiar room that I'd grown up in in my parents' house. It hadn't occurred to me yesterday, because we had to get up early and prepare for the make up artist to come round and help me get ready for our walima.

Yesterday had been an emotional blur. Dawood and I woke up together and stayed in bed for a while before getting up to perform wudhu and pray fajr together for the first time. It had been a beautiful moment, and we prayed Qur'aan together too up until the time got too late. Whilst he was showering I went through my phone and responded to all the well-wishing messages from all my family and friends, as well as turning crimson at the curiosity of my sisters and closest friends about how our first night went.

When he finished showering, I went into the hotel room bathroom and did my skincare before hopping into the shower. Dawood had said he would be leaving for a while whilst I got ready but that he would let the make-up artist in before he left. After washing my hair and changing into a long flowy robe, I left the bathroom and moisturised my hands and skin before moving onto drying my hair as the lady who would be getting me ready was stuck in some traffic on her way there. I then unzipped the large hanging bag that enclosed my gorgeous, heavily embroidered gown that screamed traditional beauty before taking it out and hanging it up on the curtain rail; the long trail and dupatta almost reaching the floor.

She arrived shortly after and applied my makeup with a gorgeous red lip and simple eyes and helped me into my large dress. I then curled my hair into gentle waves and tied it up into a bun before covering it by wrapping it into a low turban style hijab. My jewellery was fixed on next and then finally my gold sparkly shoes. I was finally ready.

When Dawood returned later he stopped in his tracks and looked at me in awe, before coming closer to me slowly

When Dawood returned later he stopped in his tracks and looked at me in awe, before coming closer to me slowly. He placed his fingers beneath my chin and tilted my head up to look at him. I was blushing furiously, my brain in overdrive as shyness took over me and my heart fluttered uncontrollably by how handsome he looked dressed up in his suit.

"Salaam beautiful"

"Wa alaykum salaam"

"you look breathtaking" he whispered.

I smiled. "So do you" the words barely escaped my lips. Suddenly, tears came into my eyes. I don't know why. I was happy, so happy. I was sad, so upset because only yesterday my mama and sisters were helping me get ready and today I did it all alone. But I was nervous, because I didn't know how to do this. I'd never been alone with a man outside of my family before, and it scared me.

No, this man is my husband.And I am not afraid. He has only made me comfortable since we met. He is a gift bestowed upon me by Allah, and I am eternally grateful. I felt something, but I can't call it love, not yet.

The tears that welled in my eyes escaped, a lone one carving its path down my cheek. He wiped it away with the gentle movement of his thumb and took me in his embrace. My heart swelled with warmth and emotion. We stayed like that for who knows how long, and left shortly after for the venue.

The day was amazing and had been planned to perfection. I met everyone and hugged them and thanked them for joining us. My hand remained locked in Dawood's all day, and he never once left my side. Somehow he understood that behind my smile, although I truly was happy, a part of me was scared to leave at the end of the day after seeing my mama, baba and siblings say goodbye to me and go home without me. He stood by me through the tears and whispered comforting words to me till I calmed down.

Overall, it had been fantastic, and I couldn't have got through it without him. Today we are leaving for our honeymoon. The destination is a surprise and he just smiles at me mischievously whenever I ask him about it. Seeing as it was all a surprise, I couldn't pack for myself, so he had recruited my sisters to do it for me. I had definitely objected to this, but he wouldn't listen and told me it would all be fine.

Our flight was at 7pm, so we were leaving for the airport at approximately 4:30 and Dawood's younger brother Junaid would be dropping us off there. We had stayed over at Dawood's parent's house before the honeymoon and we'd be moving into our place the day after we return. After getting ready for the day in a simple outfit and hijab the same colour as my shirt, I headed downstairs to help my new mother-in-law with breakfast. As I helped to plate the food and lay the table, I noticed Dawood walking into the open plan kitchen diner and standing beside the doorframe, just watching me. I caught his eye and smiled, as he did the same. He turned his attention to his father, and as they spoke, I kept glancing back up at him and feeling warm inside as his eyes kept flitting back to me. When the table was finally ready, he walked round the table towards me and pulled out a chair for me to sit on like the gentleman he is and took his own seat next to mine. It was a lovely time, but I could tell that Dawood was just as distracted as I was, he looked amazing today in his plain t-shirt and trousers, I'd only ever seen him dressed up all smart and formal.

We would be visiting my family together and collecting my suitcase before going directly to the airport.

The above photo is of Sumy's outfit... do you guys like seeing the outfit pictures i put up in almost every chapter?? Let me know down below, because I enjoy making the photos (like the one above), but I'm not sure whether you guys really enjoy seeing them... Also, the  reason why the walima was written in past tense is because i actually want their relationship to be moving along nicely, and i really don't want to bore any of my readers with wedding chapter after wedding chapter :) 

Comment below if you enjoyed, and don't forget, vote and share too!! (p.s. I haven't received a single comment so far :( ... please make my day and send one through)

Jzk x