Chapter Five: Dex's Diner

Dex put two of his arms on the table Aayla was sitting at. He waited for her to say something, nut after a while he started the conversation.

"Jedi, are yea?" he whispered. Pointing to her lightsaber under the table. She tugged  the side of her cloak to cover it up and looked towards him. Dax scratched his back, Aayla studied him, and saw the grease on his apron and the tried look on his face, and the bags of dark skin under his eyes.

"So what, are you going to call over the stormtrooper patrol?" She smirked.

"What am I a Imperial? Ha haa." Dex bellowed. Setting his four arms around his large belly. Ayala perked up, realizing that she won't get caught.

"My name is Aayla Secura, a...Jedi Knight."

Dex smiled and commented, "Ah, yes..Obi-Wan might have mentioned you a few times.I'm Dex. Do you need a ship outta here, its not safe for...your kind, if couldn't tell."

Aayla rolled her eyes and said, "Is he still alive? is he, here? any of them?"

Dex put his hands up, "Whoa, lets not be too, hasty now. I've haven't heard anything from Obi-Wan, or anything from them, but the Jedi that have come to me, fleed to the Outer Rim. The few Jedi that survived the purge are creating a last stand at the Wookie home world Kashyyyk. With help from the Wookies. They deny anything Palpatine- I mean the Emperor, says about the Jedi. As do I, but twenty or so Jedi are there, waiting for the Empire to come." Ayala pondered and knew she had to, knew she had to go to Kashyyyk and band together with her surviving Jedi Knights, she was nervous but in the Jedi Code she had to protect thoses who couldn't protect themselves, like the Wookies on Kashyyyk.

Aayla inbraced the fact she was a Jedi and would not kneel down to the Empire or Anakin for that matter. She knew what Dex was implying.

"Dex give me the fastest ship you have," He smiled and had Aayla follow him to the back of the diner. The back was very open and had at least five ships with tarps over them, a gated lot.

Dex pointed to the furthest one. "There she is, The Havoc." He said. "With the speed of a Imperial Star Destroyer, and the fastest hyperdrive the galaxy had known."

Aayla shook her head in amazement, that anyone could do something for her, or anyone for that matter." He smile faded as he knew the time with his new friend was drawing to a close.

Aayla responded, "Dex, it was a pleasure to meet you and I hope I'll see you again in the galaxy, and please, help other Jedi like me who have no where to go and need guidance. Help them find their way."

Dex promised, "I have since the start of the Empire a week ago, and will even at the end of it."

Aayla climbed into the ship and felt the power it had, she zoomed out of Dex's small ship lot. Seeing him get smaller and smaller as she flew away. The bright sunshine and clear sky of Corscant masked the evil and dark history it contained below, and Aayla knew she was living proof of that. Aayla would fly back to Felucia, Shaak most likely would never agree to what Aayla was going to do or agree going with Aayla.           But nevertheless the Jedi on Kashyyk need Aayla's lightsaber skills, and Shaak's advanced battle tactics. She imputed the coordinates for Felucia. Activating the hyperdrive to zoom across the galaxy. Again.