Chapter 8: Battle of Kashyyyk

Aayla foresaw that the menace Lord Vader, who would slowly kill the Jedi and diminish their numbers. So she created plan B. Seventy Wookies sprang out of the trees and charged at Vader. He merely swung his lightsaber around killing four, but even that couldn't stop the furry beasts. They started clawing at his armor. but he quickly pushed him away.

Sidious screeched, probably his first time since his Empire was established. "How dare they. Captain get to the Star Destroyer and when you arrive tell them to send in more Stormtroopers. I have to exterminate some ferments off my Empire!" The calmness in his voice disappeared. As he ran to jump into the battle, his thirst for blood of Jedi grew more. Sidious stood at the peak of the hill, overlooking the battle. He called upon the force like he has many times before to assist him with the attack he would conjure. Aiming at the Wookies and Jedi, lightning shot out of Sidious hand, shaded with a dark purple. It instantly killed all the Wookies that mounted over his apprentice, and weaken most of the Jedi. There would be no survivors.

"Palaptine!" Aayla screeched. Jedi's, and Vader, both froze. In pure shock Aayla had spoke so boldly to the Sith Master. Sidious even stopping.

Then a look of excitement appeared on his face. "Aayla Secura. It's been a long time, have you seen Kit?" Aayla froze. He did kill Kit. Sidious might have not slashed her with a lightsaber but the pain she felt now was equivalent to that.

"You see, I remember when Mace and his Jedi friends, Kit being one of them of course, stormed into my office, very rude it was. Very rude. But I also remember the look on his face when I sent my crimson lightsaber into his intestine. The look of pure terror." Sidious smiled at Aayla and twirled toward her, in a spinning rage with his lightsaber above his head. It was inches from her face when Jedi Master Oppo Rancisis slithered his way to Aayla and blocked it with his tale. The Sith Master looked towards Oppo and smiled, "I will have fun torturing you. Ha ha hah!" Then Vader slashed at the Jedi nearest to him. Killing it instantly, and force chocked a another Jedi near him.

Like his master, Darth Vader activated his crimson blade. Singling out Jedi one by one. Four Jedi were dueling with Sidious and three with Vader, eventually weakening the Sith apprentice, he keeled to the ground his respirator no longer worked, his armor was destroyed, showing his mechanical limbs, and his mask was tarnish revealing his deformed face. With scars, and burn marks all over, Vader's eyes were what shocked the Jedi the most as the once, young ambitious Anakin Skywalker, looked now double his age. Barely recognizable as a human.The three Jedi stood their ground. Mortified by what laid before them, Shaak was one of the three Jedi, and she deactivated her lightsaber. Jaw dropped at what Anakin had become, thinking that he died in the execution of Order 66. 

"Anakin..no. It can't be."

Vader shook his head, "I am not that foolish man anymore. Stupid Jedi!"

One of the other three that were fighting Vader, grabbed his lightsaber and stood around him while Aayla joined the four Jedi in defeating Sidious. She still wielded the fallen Jedi's lightsaber. In the short time she was alive, had been rather kind to Aayla. Sidious rounded multiple times and stroked at the five that were fighting with him. He was able to kill two, due to his pause in killing Jedi he had weakened and became weak, he disliked that and figured that after he kills the Jedi scums he could practice his lightsaber techniques in his palace. Eventually, he had enough child's play and smited one of the three Jedi where he stood. He laughed manically and it boosted his confidence to continue against the two remaining survivors.

Shaak Ti and Aayla Secura, had lasted longer than any other Jedi he had dueled with in a long time. The sun was slowly sinking on Kashyyyk and the sandy coast where the fight of good and evil was being held, still commenced. Almost had come to an end. Five Jedi were left, Lord Vader surrendered, and Sidious was just starting. Aayla suspected that he was hiding something, and knew they needed to escape but didn't know how. The sound of ships filled everyone's ears. As they looked up to the skies. The Emperor sinfully smiled and built up force energy in his hands releasing the raw force and catching the Jedi off guard. His force ability send Aayla and Shaak tens of feet away. Hitting the trees of Kashyyyk as they flew, leaving them winded and gasping for air. Shaak's lungs got crushed in the process.

She looked to the side of her friend Aayla and hesitated to tell her about the immense pain she was enduring. She weakly smiled as Aayla and her got up then with help from the force, jumped towards her friends and Sidious. Rushing into the battle the two joined their once peers, to destroy Sidious. But the noise they heard wasn't all forgotten. Jumping into the shallow ocean of Kashyyyk Stormtroopers, rushed towards the Jedi. Above they saw TIE Fighters and circling the coast. Aayla instincts were correct. She did sense danger and now it was too late for her and her friends, to flee. They were trapped. Vader wheezed but was able to get up, and Sidious deactivated his lightsaber.

"You are trapped Jedi, surrender now and perhaps we don't kill you here, or use you to lure other Jedi here. Frankly, it's you're choice."

The once twenty Jedi, now diminished to five Jedi, layed down their lightsabers and held their hands up. Stormtroopers got them down on their knees and handcuffed the Jedi. Seating them down on Imperial Shuttle's and flying them to the three Star Destroyers over head the planet. Once inside. A whole squadron of Stormtroopers ushered the Jedi from the docking bay, to the prison quarters. Aayla if not the other Jedi, knew this would be the end of the line, for them if not, the Jedi Order. Shaak was right in Aayla's mind. They should have stayed on Felucia. This is the second to last chapter