Chapter 6

Selina's POV
When we are all in front of Menchi and Buhara we wait for something to be said from them but the first thing we hear is a loud rumbling sound. I think it sounds like a stomach growl.

"Sounds to me like your getting hungry," Menchi  says to Buhara.

"Not just hungry I'm famished," he says back to her as she starts to get up.

"Well there you have it, the second phase," she paused before saying it.

"Will be cooking!!" She said pointing to everyone in front of her.

I then heard everyone get shocked about the test and I was not expecting it either but what can you do.

"What do you mean we're cooking, we came here to take the hunter exam!"a guy with long blonde hair in a ponytail yelled out.

"That's right, the next phase will be preparing a meal that will satisfy our palettes," Menchi says and then everyone is quiet.

"Why do we have to cook?" Until that random person asks that question.

"Don't you know? Well that's simple, because we're gourmet hunters," She said with pride.

Sadly when she said that people started laughing but the one I heard the most was ponytail man. You probably shouldn't be making fun of the person who is going to be passing or failing you.

"So your both gourmet hunters, what exactly do you want us to make," Ponytail guy asks Menchi. She still looks upset from the laughing but who could blame her.

"Buhara," she simply says to him and he stands up.

"Today's required ingredient will be pork," Buhara says to everyone in a very loud voice.

"Pork? You mean like pig meat," someone seriously had to ask that question.

"Feel free to use any type of pig I this forest, as you can see, you will use these stations to prepare your pork dish, to pass the exam you must create a dish to satisfy our discriminating pallets," Buhara finishes.

"We won't be evaluating taste alone, so take this seriously, is that clear, when we have both eaten our fill this portion of the exam will be over," she finishes saying.

"Okay enough talk, let's just get to it alright," ponytail man says, seriously I think he might ruin it for us all.

"Let the exam second phase," Buhara shouts and then he bangs on his stomach creating a very loud noise.

"Begin!" He shouts and we all start to run to the forest. Something tells me this is not going to be as easy as everyone thinks it is going to be.

TIME SKIP

We had been searching for a while and so far we have not found a pig but I still have a bad feeling.

I then see killua slide down the hill after Gon and Leorio and Kurapika follows shortly after. I just decided to run after them.

When we all reach the bottom the others all crash into each other but as soon as I reach the bottom I see the giant pigs chewing on bones!.

"Don't tell me there carnivores," Kurapika said and then they all start charging at us and we have no idea what to do.

Gon had found out there weakness was their foreheads so one by one we found a way to attack their foreheads.

I did not have a weapon to use so I just punched my pig in the forehead. It did hurt afterwards but at least I had training. I also did use a little bit of power that nobody saw. Darn I was really hoping to not use any power during the exam, oh well.

The power I used was basically a small one, it just makes it so I have a little more force behind my punches and kicks. I barely use it, probably because it is my weakest power I forget about it.

We all come in with lots of pigs and immediately people start to roast them on a large open flame. I do the same thing but once the pig is good and does not look over cooked I take it off.

The first guy to go up is ponytail presenting a very burnt pig, I just shack my head, does he really think he is going to pass.

Buhara could not stop eating it and Buhara passes him but Menchi does not and she did not even need to try it.

One by one people were passed by Buhara and not by Menchi. Leorio tried putting a flag on it, Gon's had flowers over it. Note to self if I need something decorated in flowers get Gon too.

So far Kurapika's dish was the only one Menchi has taken a bite out of but she did not like his either.

"Do you think she will pass you," I turned to see killua asked me that.

"I don't know, I have never really cooked something big before, so something tells me she will find something wrong with it," I say and he smiles.

"Is it just me or is the exam so far even more boring then we though it was going to be," Killua says leaning on one of the tables.

"I think a lot of the experts here have the same opinion as you, but I think ponytail screwed up anyones chance of passing," I said finishing up the last bit of my dish.

All I did was cut 2 slices off the pig and stabbed it a few times to soften it up and put some veggies on the side and hopefully I pass but something tells me I won't.

When I went up Buhara ate it in one bite then passed me. Menchi took a bite and shock her head.

"Sorry, but it is just too dry, I like how you did try to put in effort to soften it but it does not help," she said holding up the X meaning I do not pass.

"Could I have the rest of your pig," Buhara asked and I nodded and brought it too him.

I went to go site next to Killua, "so I am pretty sure none of us passed so what do you want to do after this?" He just shrugged.

I smiled and turned into my cat form, it is killua's favourite form I have. My cat form has brown hair because that is the colour of my hair and still has my very colourful eyes. The best part about it is when I turn into the few animals I can turn into I don't have to worry about losing my clothes. The clothes just disappear when I turn and when I turn back, it is on my body.

I climbed onto his lap and start to purr when he pets my head and back.

"We will do something but we are definitely not going back home," he says as he keeps petting my head. Wherever he is I will go and I don't care where. Without him I would probably still be a test subject,Maybe even dead.