Chapter 16

After hoping from tree to tree I just turn into my bird form, making this choice is pretty risky because on one hand I can get a good look from the sky to find my number. I might not be suspected in this form. On the other hand someone could think I am lunch and shoot me from behind. I am just going to take the risk.

Taking off from the tree I was on I fly a little higher above the trees to get a good look at the ground. I am a hawk as a bird so I can see things from pretty far away. 

257 is the number on the person if I remember correctly and as far as I can see nobody has it on, that means they are not the cocky type but the silent type. So being up here won't do me much good. I spot out the nearest person who I was not sure what number he had and went down silently and turned into my human form.

'my target is Pokkle and I just so happen to be his so I really only have to worry about one person. it won't be easy to find him, he is pretty sneaky'

Interesting, I remember Pokkle, he is number 53 and who knows maybe he might know who my target is, I will ask this guy first.

"Hey mister," I say above him and he jumps a little and try's to run away. I sigh and turn into a wolf and run after him, I grabbed him by the shirt with my teeth and throw him against a tree. I then turned back into my human form.

"Honestly I have no idea how you made it this far because you are not really struggling, to tell you the truth I don't really care. I just want to know if you know where 257 is?" I asked.

"No I don't, I promise,"

"Are you sure?," I asked getting a little closer to scare the guy.

'YES!!'

He shouted so loud in his head that my head started to ring, I guess I should have known that I did not have to listen so carefully for this guy.

"Hand over your badge and I will be on my way," I say and he immediately gives it to me and I walk away. I truly don't know how he got this far. Maybe he got some help from someone until now but I don't care.

I walked around for another hour and I saw that it was starting to get dark, I listen carefully around me to make sure nobody is around me and I turn into a cat and climb up a tree. I curl myself at the very top and closed my eyes and waited for morning to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Riot!"

"Let's Go"

"I'll catch up!"

"STOP IT!!"

"no..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up and notice the sun was just coming up, I sit up and stretched in my cat form and I start to head for the ground. I think it would be safer for me to walk around in my wolf form so I turned into my brown wolf form and kept walking.

After hours of not bumping into anyone I finally looked up and saw Pokkle. I turned into my human form and walked up to him.

"Pokkle right?" I asked and he immediately pulled out his bow and arrow and aimed it at me.

"Easy, I just want to talk," I say with my hands up.

"What if I don't want to talk," he says not taking his eyes off of me for a second.

"If I am not of any interest to you, we can fight," I say and he nodded telling me he will listen but still have his weapon up.  

"I just want to know if you have or know who has number 257, in exchange I will give you number 123, who I know was your target," I say holding up the badge.

"Do we have a deal?"