24 - GOVERNOR

Today, I get to get out of this cell. Daryl and the others had came back with the medicine and injected everybody with it. I instantly feel a lot better. My lungs doesn't feel like they're on fire anymore, I don't feel lightheaded anymore. Although, they did tell me to rest some more to get my strength back.

I told Lizzie earlier about what happened to my mom, she nodded her head, saying she understands. But I can see the sadness in her eyes. I think she saw them in mine too.

I got up from the mattress and shoved my switchblade and my gun onto my holsters, before getting out of that cell. I walked towards the cell that Glenn is in.

"Hey," I said, gaining his attention. "Am I allowed to go out?"

Glenn nods. "Sure. But don't push yourself too much, okay?"

I nod my head at her before going down the steps, and leaving the cellblock.

The sun makes contact with my skin and it feels great. I can see Carl, Maggie, Bob, Beth and Maggie outside. Beth spots me exiting the cellblock and taps Carl's shoulder. The latter turns and his eyes instantly land on me, before a smile broke out on his lips and he sprints towards me.

Once we reached each other, Carl pulled me into a tight hug. I laugh as he tries to lift me up but fails, before setting me down on my feet.

"I missed you." He said, burying his face onto the crook of my neck. When he did that, his hat fell off his head but he doesn't mind.

"I missed you too, doofus." I said. "Tell me you didn't try and break in there."

"I tried." He said sheepishly before we pulled away. "You have no idea how many times I tried, but they keep stopping me."

I chuckled at him before crouching down and picking up his head. "Your hat fell, sheriff."

I placed back on his head and he smiles at me, before my eyes land on Beth and the others. I smiled at them, deciding to go there, but not before surprising Carl and also myself, by planting a kiss on his cheek.

I walked away immediately after I did that, trying to be cool about but inside I'm beating myself up. Why the hell did I just do that? Well, there isn't anything bad about giving your best friend a kiss on the cheek, right? Yeah, there's nothing bad about that.

"I'm glad you're okay." Beth tells me before we hugged.

"Me too." I said before we pulled away. I then hugged Maggie next, before nodding my head at Bob as a thank you sign. He did save my life, not just mine but everybody elses in that cellblock.

"So what happened while I was out?" I asked the three of them, before I felt Carl's presence behind me.

They go on and tell me that nothing's changed, but Maggie seems like she wants to tell me something. The latter then tells me that she needs talk to me in private, so we walked a couple of feet away from Carl and the others.

"Do you know about Carol?" Maggie immediately asked me and I felt my shoulders slump down. I nod my head firmly and she sighs. "I'm sorry about that."

I nod again. "I understand, but I'm not saying it's okay... I didn't even got to say goodbye to her."

Maggie looks at me sympathetically and I look away from her. "None of us did, Farren."

But it's a totally different situation with me. I'm her daughter, this is my mom we're talking about. My only blood-family left. And now I don't know if I'll ever get to see my mother again.

"Once I fully recover, I'm gonna go out there." I tell Maggie as I look at her with hard eyres. "I'm gonna find my mom and I'm gonna bring her back here, whether y'all damn like it or not."

She shook her head. "You can't decide that on your own. You have to talk with the council—"

"Did Rick talked to the council about kicking my mom out?" I snapped at Maggie, my voice low. "Did Daryl even knew, huh? I bet he didn't, because just like me, he wouldn't agree with what Rick did."

"Rick did what he thought was right." Maggie stated. "I would've done it too—"

"But you didn't." I said firmly. "And you can't. Yes, what my mom did was bullshit and even I'm not happy with what she did, but did y'all suddenly forgot everything she's done for us?"

Maggie looks away from my intense stare and I continue talking. "She was doing what she thought was right, even if it wasn't, just like Rick did. One of these days, we're all gonna get blood in our hands. Right way or not."

With a sigh, Maggie nods her head and I took a step back. I take deep breaths. "Sorry... I didn't mean to snap at you like that. I was just—"

"No, it's okay. I understand." She tells me before smiling a little.

Carl walked towards us, ending our conversation. "Everything alright?"

I nod my head at Carl. "Yeah, everything's cool." Not everything.

Maggie leaves the two of us and Carl pulls me in for another hug. I chuckle onto his shoulder as I hug back. "Seems like you've become a hugger."

"I just missed you." He tells me. "This is the third time you've scared my ass off since we got here."

I chuckled before pulling away again. The two times I scared him that bad was because of the Governor's doing. Kidnapping me, Glenn and Maggie and then getting shot by his guy.

"I think I like scaring your ass off." I joked, making him roll his bright blue eyes at me. "Hey, where's Daryl by the—"

An explosion went off, making me and Carl jump in surprise. We ran towards Maggie and the others, hiding with them. I saw a lot of cars outside the fence, with armed people, and standing on top of the tank—where the hell did they got a tank from?—in the middle, was the Governor.

Rick, Daryl, Sasha and Tyreese soon came out from the cellblock.

"Rick!" The Governor yelled. "Come down here. We need to talk."

We all gather up and I stood on Carl's side, before letting out a sigh. "Why the hell is he still alive..."

"It's not up to me!" Rick yells back. "There's a council now. They run this place."

"Is Hershel on the council?" Mt heart skips a beat as a woman grabs Hershel out of a car, getting him down on his knees.

"What about Michonne? She on the council, too?" A man then brough the aforementioned lady out of the same car and forced her down on her knees.

"I don't make decisions anymore." Rick tells the Governor.

"You're making the decisions today, Rick." The former said. "Come down here, let's... let's have that talk."

I watch as Rick nods to Daryl, before he goes towards Carl and places his hand on his shoulder. "We can do this. Alright?"

He nods his head before Rick leaves to go and talk with the Governor.

—~—

double update for y'all :)