26 - SINKING IN

"Farren, stop!"

I stopped walking and slowly faces Tyreese with no goddamn emotion on my face. He's carrying Judith with the two kids behind him.

"You don't get to do this now." He told me, walking towards me and I scoffed before rolling my eyes at him and turning around.

"And you don't get to play father with me." I said and started walking. "We have to keep going and find a place safe before it gets dark."

"I know that." I heard Tyreese say from behind me. "But this—this attitude you're giving right now, it isn't helping."

I'm fucking pissed since we left the prison. Not at him, not at the kids, and not on everybody else but the Governor and his fucking army of shitheads. If it weren't for them, we would still be at the prison, our group would still be in one piece and people wouldn't have died.

But that fucking Governor ruined every good we had.

"Oh yeah?" I chuckled sarcastically. "Bite me."

Mika runs to my side and grabs my arm as we walk. "Why are you angry at Ty?"

I shook my head. "I'm not angry at him."

"Then why are you like this?" Mika asked me innocently. She doesn't deserve what the world's been giving her. This girl deserves better than this.

"I'm just mad at the Governor." I told her, her nodding her head.

Soon, we didn't find any shelter at all and ended up being in the woods as night falls. I'm sat down on the ground between Mika and Tyreese as I cradle Judith in my arms.

"We shouldn't be out here." Lizzie speaks up and we all look at her.

"We'll find a safe place soon." Tyreese tells her. "We will."

The baby cries in my arms and Lizzie hands me the bottle of formula. I feed the baby and her cries stop. Rustles of leaves makes me paranoid and makes Mika panic.

"Walkers!" She exclaimed, grabbing hold onto my arm.

Tyreese grabs Judith from me and we stand up. "Let's go."

later

"Look, grapes." I looked up from the ground and saw Mika pointing at the grapes.

Finally we have something good to eat.

Mika grabs some grapes and gives her sister some, before giving me some as well. I popped the grapes inside my mouth and chew, savoring the taste of it. I haven't had grapes since we left Atlanta and it tastes so damn good.

"Lizzie," we all turn to Ty who's holding Judith. "Hand me a diaper."

After Lizzie hands Ty the diaper, I stay on guard with my gun in my hands as the latter changes Judith's diaper. The baby's crying out loud and it's gonna attract walkers. Sooner or later, walkers will come and find us.

"Ty, she's gonna draw them to us." I faced the guy and the kids and the crying baby. "Do something." Leaves rustle again and I grip my gun tightly.

"They're coming!" Mika exclaims and accidentally grabs Ty's arm with the bullet graze.

"Ah!" The man winced. "I heard it, Mika!"

"Don't yell at her." Lizzie defends her sister. "She doesn't understand walkers." Or maybe not...

As I spend more and more time with Lizzie, I got to realize that sometimes she's okay, but most of the times she's messed up. Like really messed up.