Chapter 9 - You have no idea

"So, everything alright?" I sat opposite Mark on his couch with a cup of coffee in my hands.

"Yeah. Its all good."

"We haven't really spoken since you were at my house the other week. You ok?"

"Um...yeah. Yeah I am.

"Well, don't you wanna tell me what was wrong?"

"We can discuss that another time. I actually need to ask you something." For once he didn't argue with me and just accepted the fact that I didn't want to talk about it.

"Oh, ok. What is it?"

"Well...I was just wondering...are Felix and Marzia dating?" His eyes seemed to widen and he moved his body forward, crossing his arms.

"Well, not to my knowledge. I wouldn't be surprised if they were though after what I saw them do at my place the other week..." Wait. He saw them kiss too?

"You saw them kissing too?" I asked.

"Yeah. One thing I never thought they'd do. That was when you left. Straight after that." There was silence. Then his entire body twitched and his head shot up as if he had come to a sudden realisation.

"Wait...that's why you ran out!" I stared at him, hoping I had just imagined those words and that they never actually came out of his mouth.

"W-what?"

"That would explain so much! As soon as they kissed, you ran out. And now you're asking if they're dating!" Shit. Shit. Shit. Fucking shit.

"You have a crush. That's what's been up with you." I'd never wanted to throw myself out of a top story window more in my entire life. He'd figured it out. Going over to ask Mark for info was a really fucking terrible idea. My heart was racing. My hands were clammy. It all of a sudden felt really hot and I was shaking.

"You like Marzia!" My heart stopped racing. I stopped feeling hot and sweaty. The shakes I had before dissapeared. He had no clue. He had it all wrong. Thank fuck for that.

"Wow...you've really got me all figured out." I said, playing along. I'd rather have him believe I have a crush on Marzia than Felix. Now I just had to hope that he didn't tell anybody. If he did, it'd create a lot of trouble and confusion.

"I knew it! I knew you liked her! I notice the way you look at her. Don't think I don't realise your subtle flirting with her." Oh Mark. You actually think you know what you're talking about.

"Fine, I do like her. That's why I ran out, I got jealous. And it's why I came over to ask. So I could see if I had any chance of being with her." This acting was easy. All I had to do was say how I felt about Felix and change the pronouns and name. There was a huge grin on Mark's face.

"Does anybody else know?" I shook my head.

"And they're not gonna know. So please don't tell anybody. Ok?" He nodded his head. But I still had a slight feeling he'd mention it to somebody. Oh well. Not like I actually had a crush on her.

"I ship it." Mark mumbled. I shook my head.

"Of course you do." He put his now empty cup of coffee on the table in front of him and stared at me.

"Ok. Now you have to be honest with me. I wanna know everything."