Chapter 14 - I'm a mistake, I warned you

Jack

Please talk to me

I know you're upset and I know you're mad, I get it

Just please don't ignore me like this

Mark told me today when he saw us in the street how upset you were

I'm sorry we ran away

I'm sorry I didn't come over to you

I would have if Alex wasn't there, I promise

She wanted to leave

She didn't want Mark talking to us any longer

She grabbed my hand and we walked away

I'm sorry

Please text me back

I didn't know what to throw across the room first, the can of beer in my hand or my phone. I laughed at the bundle of text messages I had just gotten from Felix and took some more huge sips from the can. Was I drunk? Yes. But I just wanted to forget about everything and...well, I would say 'drown my sorrows' but that sounds a tad dramatic.

I didn't know wether to reply then and there or leave it until the morning, when I would actually say something sensible. It's not like I could really see the keyboard at that moment in time anyway. All the letters were just being 'mashed' together. The texts were getting harder and harder to see and I was getting more and more of them.

I know you've seen this

Don't just look at these texts and then leave

I want to talk to you

I feel like I've lost one friend and I can't lose another so please

Just text me back

I took a smaller sip from my can of beer. I didn't want to upset him. But at that moment in time, I was upset as all shit anyway so I was considering just ignoring him. Just to give him a taste of his own medicine. But then I remembered that he is the love of my life and I could never do that to him no matter what he did to me.

Helllooo therte

Huh?

Jack, now's not the time to play games

I'm not playiby games

If anybody is playibg games irs yiuu

Why are you typing so...you know..weird?

And I'm not playing games, since when have I been playing games?

Ha ha ha you have nooiii ideaaaa

Of what?

Anything

All you ever do is plsyy gamds

Im sickk of its

Youre a hunungus whore

Are you drunk?

No!

Why woukd you assjme such a thing

Because you're typing like you are

How much have you had to drink?

Notjing cuz Im mot drnk

You're usually a great liar but not now Sean

How much have you had?

You're a hoe

Sean if you don't tell me I'm driving my ass over to your house

FINE

I hadddd

Like 3

What percentage?

Like

16%

Are you out of your fucking mind?!

That's it I'm coming over there

But youMre not

But I am

But youre not

I am. And you better answer your front door or else I'm either climbing in through a window or kicking the door down

DONT BE FUCKING RUDEE

I'm on the way. Don't even think about drinking any more

ok 🥺🥺

He sent me no more texts. I put my phone on my bed and chucked my empty can in the bin. I stumbled down stairs, nearly falling and breaking my neck every time I walked down one step. When I finally got to the kitchen after 5 minutes, I opened up the fridge and didn't actually grab a can of beer.

I grabbed a bottle instead.

I opened it up and shut the fridge door, sitting down on the floor because I knew if I tried walking up the stairs again I'd fall and die. A couple of sips in I started to feel slightly sick. I'm sure I'll be fine I thought and I carried on drinking, the taste and refreshing coldness of it making me feel a bit better.

I must have been so drunk that I was losin track of time. It didn't even seem like 2 minutes had passed when I heard somebody knocking at the door. I forced myself to stand up, feeling even more sick than before. The room spun voilently when I began to walk. And being the smart person I am, I drank more of my beer to make myself feel better. Shockingly, the room became normal again and I proceeded to walk towards the door.

I looked through the peep hole. It was Felix. I stood against the door for a few seconds, preparing for the hell that was about to rain down on me. I took a deep breath and opened the door, putting on my best smile. The door swung open and there I saw Felix.

"Hasta la vista Felix Jellburrrrrrrrr." He stared at me for a few seconds, not saying anything.

"That means hello in German." I whispered. I couldn't tell how he was feeling. Angry? Sad? Concerned? Tired? Probably all four. Most likely mainly the first and last. He walked in the house and shut the door behind him. He grabbed my arm and walked me into my living room where we both sat down.

He took one look at the bottle of beer in my hand and instantly snathed it off me, putting it in the bin at the side of the sofa.

"Well, that's just a waste Felix." I slurred. Now he seemed to be getting more and more angry.

"I told you not to drink anymore."

"Well I guess I didn't listen."