Javier X Reader

Since Y/N had joined the gang, everyone noticed strange things happening with Javier. He would be caught staring several time, at Y/N. Or when Author went through his journal he found several things mentioning the young woman. Author confronted the man of his writings, sending Javier in a panic. Javier begged and bribed him to stay quiet about what he found, and Author agreed.

   Javier lost $300 that day, but gained the silence. Y/N had began to notice Javier's actions as well, along with waking up to a Daisy next to their cot every morning. The sudden appearance of the flower every day began to make her wonder of who was leaving the flowers. So, they made a plan to figure out. They had their suspicions but just wanted to be sure.

Y/N lays quietly in their cot, tonight was cold and creepily silent. The entire gang had fell asleep a while ago but the young lady stayed awake. Their eyes closed as all they did was listen. Tuning out the screaming bugs and coyotes. It seemed like an eternity had passed before a different kind of noise was made.

The sound of boots on grass. Her hearing perked as she began to relax, pretending to sleep. The flap of her tent was pulled open, and a few more smaller and quieter steps were made. It was silent for a few seconds before a warm feeling was placed on her forehead, and the tent flap opened again. Before whoever the person was could close the tent Y/N opened her eyes, it was Micah.

——Morning——

Y/N sat at the edge of the creek. Thinking back on last nights events, gagging. She couldn't believe Micah was the one leaving the flowers. Disgusting. As she sat there, staring at the water and the fish jumping past the surface, Javier came up and sat next to her.

He too just sat there, staring out the same direction as Y/N.

"What's in your mind, my friend?" He turned to look at her.

Y/N let out another shudder before speaking. Telling Javier of what Micah has been doing. A look of pure anger and jealously covered Javiers face as he scooted closer to Y/N. Rubbing smaller circles on their back with his thumb. Attempting to comfort the woman.

   Y/N had never liked Micah, saying he's a dirty lair and buddies with people to help himself. Especially with how he treated Sadie wen he found her.

   That night when Y/N laid down to sleep Javier sat on a stool in the corner of her tent as well. His arms crossed as he stared at the resting woman across from him. His dark eyes studying her features that he adored so much. As it continued to get later, darker, and quieter Javier would nod off. He sat still, hunched over, his arms crossed.

   Before he's out for the night he hears heavy footsteps and his head jerked. He waited silently as the one and only Micah appeared in the tent. A white daisy in his dirty hands.

"Mr.Bell, what are you doing here so late?" Javier has a cocky tone as Micah was startled.

   Micah jerked his head, looking at Javier. An expression of pure irritation appearing in his tanned face.

"Seems I should be asking you the same." He scowled.

   Javier stands, moving to stand straight in front of Micah. Blocking him from going any further into the tent. Before he could say anything a groan and shuffling was heard as Y/N moved to lay on her side, facing them. Her eyes barely open as she waved Micah away. Grumbling something about him.

   Not wanting to upset the woman anymore towards him Micah left, swearing under his breath. Javier was about to leave as well before he left a tug in his wrist. Y/N set up and swung their legs over the edge of the bed and rubbed their eyes. Making Javiers heart melt and made him swoon mentally at the woman.

"Don't leave. He'll just come right on back once your gone."

   Javier nodded at the request and sat back into the stool. The old price of wood screaming under the extra weight. It wasn't long before how it was in the beginning. Y/N laying asleep in her cot and Javier on the stool, asleep. Before long, the sun had risen.

   Chickens squawked, and the gangs dog was barking. Javier opened his eyes to see Y/N gone. As he stood something fell from his shoulders. Turning around to investigate he saw Y/N jacket, it must had been sprawled across his back and shoulders. A note sat on the end table, a top sat a daisy.

"Dearest Y/N,

Damned Javier got in the way of your daily gift. I'm sorry to had been a bother and let Javier ruin your beauty rest. Not that you need it, your already to most beautiful girl I've ever seen-"

   Javier already knew it was a note from Micah to Y/N. Javier grabbed the daisy and threw it on the ground, stomping it. Next, he yanked the note from the desk and ripped it up. The note had contained a lot creepier words that he didn't want Y/N to read if she hadn't already. Javier quietly left the tent, brows furrowed. He was not happy with Micah, and he was about to make sure he knew that.

—————
915 words.

Thx for 80+ reads !

Sorry I haven't updated much, it's been pretty busy at my house lately.