Micah x Reader

{ @bananaminion666 }

   The cold nipped harshly against the three men's skin. Their horses huffing and whinnying from the oncoming frostbite on their legs. Frost beginning to form the their fur and mane. Every so often the wind would drown out the noise of the men calming and comforting their upset horses. Allowing the horses to mentally continue on to appease their masters.

"Just how far is this homestead?" Dutch yelled to the one leading the group.

"Just a little ways ahead! Seemed people inside were partyin'! Lights on and everythin'!" Micah yelled one return.

   Content with the answer the men continued on in silence. To prove Micah right they stopped a top a ledge overlooked the snowy horizon, a small bit quaint cabin sitting in contrast against the white canvas. Even from their spot the men could hear chattering, and see light pouring from the windows. Now following Dutch, Micah and Arthur trotted down the small incline and stopped their horses behind a few pine trees covered in snow.

"You two get outta sight. A lone man lookin' lost seems less of a threat than three gun wielding outlaws. Arthur, get behind that livestock shed, Micah, get behind that wheelbarrow."

   After receiving nods from his companions he trudged through the high snow and up to the bustling cabin.

"Hello? Can somebody help me here!" Dutch called out.

   Multiple voices began telling each other to be quiet, and as the whole cabin went silent the creaky front door opened. A dirty skinny man stood out on the porch, a rifle in hand.

"Ah! Good to see some friendly faces out here! Ya see I'm lost. And-"

The man stopped Dutch before he could finish.

"We ain't lookin' to help any wanderers." He sneered at Dutch.

   Another lone gun holding man walked out of the side door, creeping his way around to peak at the people from the side of the cabin.

"Arthur! Arthur we have a situation here! There's a dead body in here.." Micah whispered towards the other hidden man.

"We gotta help Dutch." He continued.

   Arthur nodded his head and pulled out his pistol while Micah unholstered his two. Aiming, Arthur got the one at the side of the cabin first, the mans body quickly falling down into the snow which hid the body. Micah shot down the one speaking to Dutch before he could react and within a split moment multiple more men ran out of the cabin. All of which were easily shot dead by the three armed and experienced outlaws. The three sauntered into the cabin, searching for provisions and blankets.

"Arthur, go search that barn over there. Micah, search the house, I'll bring the horses over closer." Dutch ordered.

   With a nod Micah continued his search in the cabin while Arthur walked off to the barn. As Arthur walked a couple feet in a man dropped down onto him, pushing him to the ground. Pushing the man away Arthur stood and pulled out his gun, but before he could possibly think about shooting the unarmed man hit it out of his hand. The two began to punch and grab at each other, ending with Arthur pushing and straddling the man on the barn floor. Chuckling, Dutch walked over to see the commotion, a cigar set casually between his lips.

   He pulled the cigar from his lips and let out a puff of white smoke from the side of his mouth as he looked at the two men on the floor.

"What's going on here boy?"

"Fucker snuck up on me! One of them O'Driscoll boys!"

"See what he knows Arthur. What you do after that is your choice. Not like somebody gonna find em." With a chuckle Dutch walked off.