John Marston x Fem!Reader

Mixed with the Wrong Ones

   The sound of horseshoes and a dust trail followed the group of stallions. All accompanied by far from friendly looking outlaws on their backs. They all yelled and laughed at each other as they pushed their horses further on the dirt road. Seemingly for no reason as they had lost the law hours ago.

"Aye! Can we stop now?! Turgenev looks like he's bouta' make me fly 50 feet ahead!" Complained a large overweight man atop a dapple grey nokota.

   A woman scoffed as the gangs leader obliged and slowed the group down to a walk. Painfully to slow for the women and her rose grey Andalusian. A gift she had gotten from her late father as a teenager.

"Ah shut it! That living piece of wolf bait of yours looks like he needed it more than any of us!" Nosed in a scar armed man.

   The woman glared at the man, her grip on her horses reins turning her knuckles white.

"I've made more money off of him just walking through the streets than yours has pulling your weight!" She growled.

   Before the scarred man could continue the leader butted in.

"If all of you don't quit it you'll be picking the fleas out of the grasses for dinner! We don't have time to continue this, so shut it and get along till we reach camp!"

   The two who had been arguing not a moment before snarled at each other before the woman rolled her eyes and turned to face the front. Patting her horses neck and leaning forward to feed him a warm carrot she grabbed from the worn saddle bag laying across his rump.

"Where we goin' anyways? Last I checked camp is at Valentine, and valentine isn't full of gators and trees full of snakes." questioned a red headed woman riding up the back of the 12 people group.

   The burly bearded man in the front made no attempt of responding, leaving the woman in silence.  The man suddenly froze and turned his horse sideways, everyone following suit and stopping. Everyone looked around at each other in confusion while their leader held a finger up to keep them in silence. The barrier of silence was broken by a gun shot, followed by a grunt as the man fell off his horse and onto the ground. His black horse neighed and bucked, running off into the muddy lands, not soon after being attacked by a gator. Signaled by the horses screams and sudden silence in the distance.

"Shit! Everyone spilt up! You know where-!"

   The speaker, the over weight man, was cut off as a bullet was sent his way, shooting through his temple and planting itself into the red headed woman's shoulder. She screamed and quickly pushed her horse to run away.

   Everyone else attempted to follow, but a few more loud bangs showed that many of the remaining 9 members didn't get far. The Andalusian riding woman from before who had went towards the dense, wide tree'd forest was surrounded by a thick tan rope. She was pulled back quickly, sending her flying from the back of her tall war horse who stopped and turned to notice his owners problem. The sudden yell of scram sent him yelling, obeying  the woman's order. The rope wrapped around her arms began to big into her skin and she wiggles and squirmed in attempts to escape. A sudden dread of what'll happen at the end of the rope filling her body. Activating her flight Brain as her head jerked around in search of something she could grab to slow the path towards her fate, good or bad.