Six- 17

(Kiara's pov)
Daniel and his friends from around the country are talking about forming a band. I think they're going to do it. It seems like a good idea, but if they do, then I will really never see Daniel. I've barely seen him lately and if that happens? I could never tell him though. He needs to live out his dreams. If he is happy, then I'm happy.

....August, 2016....
They're going to officially announce the band sometime in September, it's called "Why Don't We". I haven't met anyone in it, but they all seem really nice. I'm going to miss hanging out with Daniel, but I'm extremely excited for him and his career!

...a while later....

"Kiara." I could her Daniel's voice from my door. "Come in!" I replied. He looked sad, almost as if he had been previously crying. "You know how we promised to always be bestfriends?" He asked. I nodded. "Yes, how come?" I replied, confused as to what was going on. "We're moving. To Los Angeles." He said.

I frowned. "You're kidding right?" He shook his head. "It's better for the band." I immediately gave him a hug. "I'm going to miss you so much." My eyes started to water. "No matter what, we'll always be friends." He told me. I nodded, trying to force a smile.

"You'll visit, right?" I asked him, trying not to cry. He nodded. "Of course. I could never just leave you and Quinn."
"When you're all famous and stuff, do you promise not to forget about me?" I asked him.
"I could never forget my bestfriend." I sighed.
"I don't want you to leave." I told him, my voice cracking. "I know", he whispered. Daniel rubbed my back. "Hey, maybe one day you could move there too." He said, trying to reassure me. I nodded, sniffling.

My heart felt as if it had had a knife stuck through it. My best friend since birth was moving away. While there was always FaceTime, Instagram, texting, it wasn't the same. I hugged him again. "I love you Daniel." I mumbled into his shoulder. He rubbed my back, soothingly. "I love you too Kiara."