Five- 15

(Kiara's pov)
....June, 2014....(I think😂)
Yesterday, Daniel auditioned for American Idol. I have yet to see it, but from what he said it was insane. "He got in Kiara!" My mom said, coming into my room excitedly. "Really?!?! That's awesome!" I exclaimed.

"Your future husband is going to be a pop star." She said, casually. I glared at her. "Mom, he's dating Adanna. I don't even like him, but even if I did, I wouldn't do that to her. She's my friend." My mom shrugged. "We may not end up together, but we'll always be friends." I reassured her. She smiled.

....April 2nd 2015....

Today, we all went up to go celebrate with Daniel on his birthday. We were even going to watch the show! I was super excited, as we barely were seeing eachother with his new schedule. "What's up guys, welcome to the vlog!" Quinn said to her camera.

She had been trying for months to get me to start a YouTube channel with her and I eventually caved. "Hey guys! Today we are in Michigan to see our best friend perform on his birthday on American Idol!" I announced. "Our little Daniel is growing up." Quinn said, fake crying.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOSER!" I yelled, engulfing Daniel in a hug the second I saw him. He laughed. "Thank you Kiara." Quinn then gave him a big hug and wished him happy birthday. "Okay we have to go, but good luck tonight!" She told him. He nodded, nervously smiling.

.... a few hours later....
Daniel. Did. AMAZING! It was a great performance. A while later, they announced the results.

....a few more hours later....
Daniel got out. On his birthday. After the show, we didn't see him. He was back in his dressing room with his parents.

Once we did see him, he seemed upset and had clearly just been crying, but put on a happy face in front of us. We had a small birthday party for him afterwards. Towards the end, the two of us sat down together at one of the table. "Hey, I'm proud of you". I told him. He gave a soft smile.
"Thanks Kiara." He replied. I gave him a hug.
"And hey, you might have gotten out, but you tried your best. And I know it was your birthday and everything, but maybe that's a good thing. It brought everyone together for emotional support." He smiled. "Thanks. That actually helped a bit."

"Kiara, can you promise me something?" He asked, turning serious. I nodded. "Of course, what is it?"
"Well, I don't want to make this awkward, so I'm just going to be really quick. Will you always be my friend? Can you promise that we'll never drift apart." He said, frowning. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Daniel, what's this about?" I asked him, confused.

"Just promise me." He said.
"Of course." I told him. He smiled a bit and hugged me. "Thank you."
"Anything for you Daniel."
"I love you Kiara. As a bestfriend of course."
"I love you too."