Chapter 3

Robin slowly woke up. He looked down and saw Danny staring up at him.
"Hey kid. How are you feeling?" Robin asked as he sat up.
"Ok."
"Do you want anything to eat at all?" Danny shook his head but was betrayed by his stomach growling. "Well I guess I got my answer. Let's go get some food ok? We can meet some of my team too. Don't worry though they're all really nice." Danny hesitantly nodded his head. Robin got up and walked to the door with Danny following a few steps behind. The entire time they were walking to the kitchen Robin talked to Danny, explaining the layout of the mountain and the different team members. Danny listened silently as they padded along. "Okay we're nearing the kitchen and it sounds like the whole team is in there. Do you want me to go talk to them before you come in to keep it down or do you just want to come with me?"
"Stay with you," Danny whispered. Robin nodded and motioned for Danny to follow him. They walked into the kitchen and everyone stopped and looked at Danny.
"Guys, this is Phantom. He's new so we're going to make him feel welcome but don't overdo it."
"Hello my name is Kaldur. It is a pleasure to meet you Phantom." Danny gave him a small wave.
"Hi! My name is M'gann but you can call me Megan!" Danny stared at her.
"You're floating."
"Yeah! I'm a Martian. I can also go intangible!"
"Really? I can too."
"Phantom I didn't know you had powers." Robin looked at him in surprise. He nodded. "Well we'll have to check them out later."
"HimynamesWally.Youseemprettycool." Danny flinched back from Wally.
"Wally you idiot slow down you're scaring him. Hi I'm Artemis." The blonde glared at Wally.
"Connor." The large boy didn't look very happy or welcoming. Danny shrunk back from him.
"Let's get you some food Phantom. I'll make some oatmeal. It'll be bland enough that it won't make you sick." Danny nodded at Robin.
———time skip—————
"Hey Phantom what do you want to do now that you're done eating?" M'gann asked.
"Um I don't know. I usually don't have a choice." Danny shrank down into his chair.
"Well how about we watch a movie? That way you can just lay down and relax." Danny nodded his head.
"I remember movies, they were fun. I used to watch them with my family I think." Danny looked wistful.
"Hey Phantom if you don't mind me asking. What happened to your family?" Robin asked gently. Danny flinched and a pained look flashed across his face. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to Phantom. You don't have to do anything that you don't want to."
"No it's fine it's just that the people who took me killed them. It was my fault. They were there to get me and my family tried to fight back." Danny told them in a monotone voice.
"Phantom it is not your fault. It is the people who killed them who are to blame." Kaldur put his hand on Danny's shoulder. He nodded. "We shall watch a happy movie now to clear the air of any dark thoughts. Come my friends." They all settled down on the couch and watched Disney movies.
Omg guys I'm so sorry for how overdue this is. I am going to try to get stuff out regularly. It's just that I'm going through some shit so I'm super stressed. But that doesn't matter. Thank you all for reading! Stay safe out there kids!