Chapter 11

Danny woke up feeling safe and cared for the next morning. He hadn't felt this way since before he became Phantom. His head was lying on something warm and soft, he slowly opened his eyes and looked around. When he realized what or who his pillow was he went red, he had been sleeping on Bruce's chest with Bruce's arms wrapped around him. His small movements woke Bruce up, upon seeing Danny he smiled.
"Hey kiddo. How are you feeling? You were pretty upset last night so I did the same thing that I've done for my boys when they're upset. I hope that I didn't overstep any boundaries," his voice was deep and raspy from sleep.
"Oh no you're fine. It's just that I haven't cuddled with anyone for years, I had kinda forgotten what it feels like." Danny ducked his head down. Sadness flickered across Bruce's face before disappearing, he understood the pain of not having that familial touch, sure Alfred was basically his second father but it just wasn't the same.
"I get that kiddo. My parents died when I was a kid so I didn't really ever cuddle with people after that, not even Alfred. I was afraid that if I got too close to someone they would disappear or die like my parents." Bruce gently combed his fingers through Danny's long hair, it was down to his shoulders at this point. "You know, with shorter hair you would look a lot like a younger Dick." Bruce gently chuckled as he said that.
"Really? I used to have short hair, my bangs were long though, they were always in my eyes." Danny smiled gently.
"Huh. Well how about we go down and eat breakfast? You can get to know the boys better." Bruce smiled when Danny nodded his head.
Once they got to the dining room they saw both boys digging into eggs, bacon and pancakes. Danny's eyes went wide at the amount of food on his plate. He knew that he wasn't going to be able eat all of it, even before the GIW he didn't eat much because of his ghost half. He slowly ate a few bites before he felt full. The thought of eating any more made him feel sick. Bruce must have noticed that he wasn't eating much because he was looking at Danny intensely.
"Danny are you alright? Do you not like the food? You don't have to eat it we can always get you something that you do like." Danny's eyes went wide before looking away.
"It's not that. The food is really good I'm just not used to eating much. Even before the GIW I didn't eat much. Since the accident I've needed to eat and sleep less." Danny was barely audible as he rubbed the back of his neck.
"That's alright Danny. No one is judging you. We're just used to the opposite, most of the metas we know end up eating more. Don't ever be afraid to tell us something that you're not comfortable with. Ok?" Danny's eyes got misty, he couldn't remember the last time that an adult had tried to make him more comfortable. Not even his own parents had noticed that he was barely eating.
"Thank you. Not many adults really care about me." Bruce just smiled, the rest of breakfast was calm and happy with Dick and Tim joking around.
Alright there. Finally finished it. I'm really sorry that I haven't posted in forever but I don't have internet anymore or a bunch of data so I'm kinda stuck. But I'll try to update. Love y'all and stay safe.