11 | Wet

(soo this chapter contains a 'lil bit of mature content, just a warning if you're not into that.)

The Previous Night

LIA

I had never been kissed like this before in my entire life. I mean, I didn't have a crazy amount of experience, but this was by far the best kiss I had ever had. What started off as slow and gentle had turned into something eager and passionate. It was so good that I could barely hear the distant sound of the waves crashing, my surroundings all faded away.

While staying cemented to my lips, Nate moved forward and guided me back against the wooden railing of the walkway. He gripped my hips firmly and lifted me onto the railing with no effort, causing me to gasp at his strength and wrap my legs around his waist to pull him closer. He grinned and pressed his lips to mine again, with the taste of smoke and whiskey making its way onto my tongue once more.

Holy shit, the way he kissed was so intense, like his life depended on it. He was literally making me breathless. Nate's hands ran over my back and caused shivers to travel down my spine. He finally pulled himself away, catching his breath just as much as I was. I rested my hands on the hard chest in front of me and felt his heart thumping rapidly under his shirt, adrenaline pumping through both of us.

"You good?" He exhaled out softly, running his large hands over the top of my thighs.

"Yeah. Better than good, actually."

"Good," He responded with a sated smile. "Lia, I gotta say...out of all the people to take a midnight walk and find me down here, you have no idea how happy I am that it turned out to be you."

My face was already hot, but I felt it burning harder as I looked into those green emeralds, fully realizing that I was just as happy to have found him here.

"I didn't expect anything great to happen today," He continued, moving his hand up to cup my cheek gently. "But now, ending the night with you...ending the night looking into those eyes. Fuck, I'm so lucky."

God, I was seriously the lucky one here. I ran my palms over his jacket and tried to answer back in a hushed, provocative voice.

"Who says the night has to end?"

* * *

After running back up the hill to the house with a spurt of energy, I trailed behind Nate and quickly lost steam, clasping at my ribs and panting heavily. I gave up running when we reached the pool and slowed into a walk instead. Nate turned back around and skidded in place to stop his speed.

"Are you seriously already tired?" He joked; probably thinking I was the unhealthiest person ever.

"We just ran up a freaking mountain!" I stopped walking and inhaled steadily, gaining my breath back.

"Barely." He laughed and walked back to where I was standing. "Maybe you just need something to give you energy..." His hands found my waist and tugged me closer to him.

"Like what?"

"Liiikkkee..." He said with a ridiculously sexy smirk. "This!"

He suddenly knocked my feet from under me and lifted me up bridal style.

"What are you—" I slung my arm around his neck and realized where he was walking. "Don't you dare!"

Nate laughed and quickened his speed to the edge of the pool while I attempted to wiggle out of his grip, but he tossed me into the water with no problem. I sunk beneath the surface, fully clothed, and my heart sprinting from the sudden coldness that engulfed me. I nippily swam back up and gulped for air when I broke the surface.