05 | it starts

MIN SOOJI

the hallway.

the hall were crowded with people, and the chaos was so perfect, like a movie. there was the couple that was always making out on the left side of the hall, and about ten feet further down, the cliquey girls. opposite them, the cliquey jocks, and between them, the parade of band geeks with their huge instrument cases. there were the aerospace tech kids who never did anything but make paper airplanes and the fashion kids that wheeled mannequins and clothing racks down the halls.

people bluntly bumping into like always. a girl chewing a bubblegum look down at me. she's one of the popular girls – eunho. and i had nothing to do but stare back since everyone was blocking the way. behind her you can see her crew.

she bumped into me and angrily growled. "watch where you're going."

"you're the one who bumped into her, so maybe you can run off." that deep voice that belonged to jaehyun spoke making the girls widened their eyes.

they all fell for him again and got hypnotized by his good looking.

i uncomfortably tried to sneak off this situation, but jaehyun wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"oh yeah.... today it starts." i mumbled to myself and prayed to the gods up there to not make me struggle.

i gulped as we started to walk through the hallway, everyone giving us space and giving as looks. their expression were different, some were angry, some were confused and some were.... angry again. of course no one would want min sooji to be with jung jaehyun. they'll probably think who am i to be with him. and i never wanted to, i wanna escape but can't.

"are they together?"
"holy crap, are they together?"
"what would kim sooji think about this?"
"ew why is minji with jaehyun?"
"they literally don't match- sorry i think i need to go to the toilet and throw up."

all the gossips, and the attention i didn't like. i would just squeeze shut my eyes and tried to block their voices, their words attack me like daggers and i didn't wanted to make a big scene. but i have to, i don't want to pay for that stupid vase.

jaehyun walked, expressionless and keeping me close and tight next to him, making sure that we actually look like we were together, and perhaps love each other.

"what's jiji doing?" someone spoke making me widened my eyes. hearing my nickname, i already knew it's one of my wonderful friend.

i searched for the voice and spotted a confused doyoung with his mouth hanging open. jimin who did the same while lami was there, fan girling and literally shipping us.

doyoung gave me the look – stop whatever you're up to now. but i knew myself i couldn't, i sadly look away from them and focused forward.

kim sooji stared at us, she chewed on her lower lip and i could see the jealousy inside her eyes. she gulped licking her lips and hugged her books tighter. "let's go." she smiled to her friend as they all turned to the other side and walked away.

when the crowd slowly disappeared jaehyun let go of me, disgusted.

"so, did you spot sooji anywhere in that crowd?" he asked and placed his palms on his thin sexy waist.

"m-me?" i stuttered while pointing at myself.

he rolled his eyes. "the beautiful sooji." he spoke making my lips flow down into a frown.

"o-oh.... well yeah, she looked but it looked like she didn't really cared." i said honestly, actually helping him with this mission. "okay we should work harder." he said.