24 | in pain

MIN SOOJI

i walked out of the basketball court after having sports. it was difficult since i was alone back there, i didn't had the same class as lami, jimin, doyoung or even jaehyun.

i walked around with my hair all messed up, it was suppose to be a low pony tail but some of my hair strands escaped my hair tie. i sighed and properly took on my backpack that kept sliding down my arm.

"hey min sooji!" someone shouted. a feminine voice, it was unfamiliar, i don't really hear that voice pretty often.

i turned around and saw eunho along with her friends that stood behind her, carrying basketballs with their arms and hands.

"u-um..." i stuttered and stopped my tracks, i couldn't move for some reason and i knew they're going to come up with something bad... something very bad.

when they came closer to me, i felt my heart beating fast, it was like it wanted to jump out of me since it didn't wanted to get involved by this situation, like me, i wanted this to stop.

"you're such a loser!" eunho screamed and threw the solid ball on me, it hit directly my cheek as my saliva spit out. "you really think everyone thinks you look perfect with jaehyun?!" she growled and went closer to me.

i still felt the pain, the pain on my cheek that continued to burn like hell.

they continued throwing balls at me, the solid balls and making sure they used all their power and energy so i could feel the burning pain. they hit me on the legs, face, head, arms, stomach, everywhere.

"you're just a stupid ugly girl! you don't deserve jaehyun shithead!"

i couldn't move that much, the fact that i was kept being thrown with basketballs made me look down as they blocked my way.

i tightly grabbed my bag and ran as fast as i could out from the court.

"wake up sooji! you and jaehyun don't match at all!" she screamed angrily as i exited the court.

tears blinded me, running as quickly as my long legs can carry me, bolted down the hallway like an olympic champion at the start gun; quickening my pace to an all out sprint. the pounding noise of my shoes resonating off the walls of the hall with a clanging echo that matched my heart throbbing inside my chest with the thick grief and fear i felt as i ran.

when i reached outside the schools parking area, a car was about to run me over but luckily stopped. i felt my legs turn to jelly as i helplessly fell down the floor, quivered in fear and pain.

the door car opened as the person immediately approached me, he stopped and looked down at me. "s-sooji?" the deep voice spoke.

it was jaehyun, i could already tell from his voice.

jaehyun cupped my cheek and lifted them up to see my face, drowning from tears and sweat. his eyes widened as his pupils dilated. "jaehyun...." i mumbled at looked at him.

he looked down at my face, covered with my hair as they pasted on my face with the help of my sweat and tears. he carefully wiped off the hair i had on my face and shook my head.

"what happened sooji?" he asked but i didn't speak a word. "what happened?" he asked again desperately.

i pulled myself away from him, lowering his hands so it could come off my cheeks and stood up. "nothing, i just want go home jaehyun." i sniffed and was about to walk pass him, but he blocked my way and pushed me back to my position.

"i'll give you a ride home." he said, his voice steady and his eyes shot directly on mine.

"no, jaehyun i'm just gonna go home." my voice still filled with pain and sob. i was about to walk away, but he pushed me back again.

"go inside my car now." he commanded like a dominant like he always was.

...

i sat down his fancy white neat couch, looking around his expensive mansion his family owned along with some maids. it seems like they like the old-style.

the house was indeed owned by someone rich, with wooden panels along the corridors, ornate chandeliers, and oil paintings of old bearded men in tunics and ruffs. the stairs led down into a tall galleried room with a rug spread out over flagstones and a fireplace big enough to park a car in. a long polished wooden table had been set for three.

i saw jaehyun coming with a bowl of ice, towel on his hand and a bottle of water. he is sure someone else when you don't know him, he's a badass but when you get to know him, he's an actual sweetheart who cares about you.

"you know you didn't have to drop me here in your house. it's embarrassing." i said and bit my lips as he sat beside me, placing the things he had on the table near us.

"it'll be more embarrassing if i let you go home looking like that, your mother would be infuriated." he said chuckling as i looked at him with an awkward smile.

"i haven't really talked about you with my mother." i said. he stopped whatever he was doing and looked at me, a hint of disappointment inside his beautiful eyes. "oh.."

i licked my lips changing the topic. "still, it's sill embarrassing. what if your parents see me like this?" i said and scratched my head.

he bit his lip while doing the ice pack. "they're not here, i live here alone all by myself." he simply said.

"oh..." i looked over at the table and saw a picture of a young beautiful girl. i stood up and grabbed it.

"isn't this your sister. where is she then?" i asked. he stared at it for a few seconds and looked down at the ice pack he was busy making.

"she's gone too...."

i licked my lips and felt so guilty bringing her up. "oh... sorry." i apologized and gulped. "when did she die?" i asked. hoping he wouldn't really mind.

he chuckled while rolling his eyes. "she's working abroad in america, connecticut." he said making me want to punch myself.

"oh... sorry." i gritted my teeth and felt the awkwardness crawling up me. "with you parents?" i asked.

"no... only my mother." he said. "what about your father jaehyun? is he the one who... died?"

"who knows. yeah, maybe? he left when me and my sister were very little. he never really came back." he said making me nod my head.

jaehyun looked at me and tightly grabbed my wrist. "come here, you talk to much dipshit, let's take care of you." he said as he forcefully made me sit down the couch.

"come more near me-" he grabbed my arm making me whine. "ow.." i mumbled and looked down at my arm, he realized he was grabbing my arm where there was a huge bruise on it.

"oh, sorry." he said and slowly placed the ice pack on the spot, it made me flinch by the sudden cold feeling.

there was a few minute of silence till i spoke up. "so.... kim sooji is the only one you have? that's why you're doing all this for her." i asked as he simply nodded.

i let out a chuckle and looked up the ceiling while smiling.

"it's amazing how a lot of people, like you would do everything to the person they truly love. you must really love this girl, and i noticed that so i did my work decent."

"i feel like...." i looked at him. "it would be a waste if i didn't help you because i can see how much you love her so much, she's probably the only euphoria you have or want." i said.

he looked at me and slightly shrugged his shoulder. "maybe." he mumbled. "so if you were kim sooji, would you come back to me?"

i uncontrollably smiled and nodded my head. "of course i would." the words that came out of my mouth made jaehyun smile ridiculously.

"you know she's very lucky." i said. jaehyun looked at me. "why?" he asked curiously and concentrated.

"because someone actually adore and love her a lot. you......periodt." i said.