22 | winners

MIN SOOJI

when the last honk was heard, we all screamed out of happiness. SOPA won, they really won and they all started to celebrate by throwing their pom poms, their drinks, posters, and confetti.

"wohoo!" i screamed, jumping.

jaehyun looked at me with the biggest grin. he immediately ran towards me, as i walked down the stairs not actually knowing what he would do or say.

when he reached me, he wrapped his arms around my waist, and lifted me up. i gasped at his sudden actions and laughed softly. i cupped both his cheeks and slightly shook them. "uhh, you've done such a great job! i am so proud of you jaehyun!" i squealed and he just stood there, smiling and enjoying my squishes and smiles for him.

"thanks to you, you cheered me up." he chuckled while winking his eye.

there we stood just laughing, smiling at each other until lami came to us. "yah, kim sooji is gone, no need to act anymore." she said making my heart skip a beat.

i looked behind and saw kim sooji, nowhere to be seen. seems like she already left before jaehyun even came to approach me.

"oh.." i said quick and let out an awkward laugh.

jaehyun carefully placed me down the floor as we both smiled at each other. "we should go out now shall we?" i asked both lami and jaehyun, and they both agreed with a nod.

...

when we left the court and reached out to feel the cool summer breeze, people celebrated and still cheered the cheer i made. me and jaehyun walked beside each other as i accidentally left lami behind us.

"go sexy sexy love." they chuckled, dancing and jumping as they celebrated out of happiness. "you were so good at cheering minji." random students complimented making me blush as i thanked them.

jaehyun chuckled. "that was a very good cheer you did back there." jaehyun said ruffling my hair. "o-oh really? wasn't it cringe?" i gulped.

"nah, as long as it was you it wasn't." he casually spoke, it made me blush madly but luckily it wasn't obvious, thanks to my blush.

"you look adorable with that look." he complimented. i blushed again. "thank you..." i awkwardly said.

when we reached his car, he opened the trunk and placed his bags there as he pulled out a handkerchief to wipe off his sweat.

"hey, i could totally see kim sooji's reaction back there. soon, she'll come back to me." he winked making my facial expression flow down, but i immediately changed it.

"that's good! thanks to me." i said while biting my lower lip.

"are you coming to the after party?" he asked making me wide my eyes. "hmm?" i hummed. "after party? i didn't know about that, lami didn't tell me." i said and looked behind lami who was suspiciously staring at us, with her arms crossed.

"yeah sure i'll go with-" i didn't even get to finish my sentence when lami squeezed in and shook her head.

"yah, i heard kim sooji isn't even coming, so we'll just go home now." lami grabbed my hand tightly. "oh." i spoke.

jaehyun looked at lami and smiled. "then i can drive you guys home-"

"no need to. kim sooji is not here right?" she started dragging me away from jaehyun as i just smiled in confusion. "when kim sooji is not here anymore, you don't have to do the ridiculous acts right? so we'll go." lami said as we both walked away from jaehyun who stood, confused.

"yah, what's with that face?" she asked and intertwined her hands into mine. "what's about what?" i asked.

"you're jealous aren't you? after hearing that kim sooji will soon come back to jaehyun." she asked while looking into my eyes.

i gulped and shook my head. "no?!" i screamed. lami knew me very well, so it was clear for her to see that i was slightly lying about.

"wrong wrong wrong wrong sooji." she warned while shaking her head. "i thought this was all suppose to be acting." she said while gulping, she was tensed just like i was.

"i think i am the only one not realizing its all acting."

lami sighed as we just ignored the conversation we had and continued walking our way home.