11 | a walk

MIN SOOJI

it's just been five minutes when jaehyun apologized, and my bubble tea is half empty already. yikes. jaehyun closed his phone and sighed.

"let's go." jaehyun stood up. he grabbed his bubble tea and walked passed me, leaving me, sitting clueless. "what? what about sooji! like kim sooji?" i asked and stood up as i jogged beside him.

"she's not coming, i just saw her instagram post where she was in the bubble tea shop." he said.

"yeah, so isn't she there-"

"in her hometown busan. she's visiting her hometown today i guess." he said, he opened the door and let go of it, making the door bump on my head.

"ow!" i rubbed my forehead and followed him. "wait? so it means i can go? yay, see you then-" i was about to go until he grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to him.

"no. it's perfect timing. we should know each other more since we are doing this mission." he said and smirked.

i frowned and sighed.

...

the streets were filled with people walked back and forth, perhaps with shopping bags or street food to enjoy. parents tightly grabbing their children to make sure they won't escape and get lost in this big crowd. friends hanging out and going crazy, showing their side that some people wouldn't see if they met them. and of course the couples, holding hands, arms linked to one another, giving small pecks and all. i guess me and jaehyun are included to that group, but fake. plastic.

i held a strawberry flavored ice cream since i craved for something refreshing again – technically i forced jaehyun.

"so, tell me jaehyun. why do you love kim sooji?" i asked, licking off the ice cream that sneakily dripped down the cone.

"sooji is.... um amazing." he smiled. "she's beautiful, pretty, god i love her eyes, her lips and her face just looks beautiful you know? and her body... haha, better off without clothes." he placed a nasty smirk on his lips and thought about probably something pervert.

"ugh- ew.." i sighed rolling my eyes. "well yeah, she is one of the popular girl and she's hella gorgeous. i could fall for her." i said staring at my ice cream.

"a-are you gay?" he asked making me wide my eyes. "no- i mean like if i was a boy then yeah i would be." i said while shaking my hands and head.

"if you were a boy you would be gay?" he asked blinking and looked confused like i did. "no, i mean if i was a boy i would fall for her." i clearly explained making him get it.

he let out a chuckle. "damn, we misunderstood each other a lot there." i laughed with. "yeah, so let's continue... why do you like her?"

jaehyun looked at me with one of his eyebrow raised. "i just told you dumbass." he spoke. "wait, that's it?" i asked as he nodded.

i stared at him for a while as he stared back. i immediately look the other way and thought – haha, wait that can't be right? he can't just love someone by their looks and especially their body. there's gotta be more since they've been together for almost over 7 months. is he just shy to turn to that kind of person, talking about their crush dreamily?

"are you sure you're done? we can talk about it, it's okay to be open to me. you can be that type of person who talk about their crush... or ex girlfriend dreamily." i said and looked at him, squinting a bit since the sun was hitting my face.

"what are you talking about? i am done, is that not simple enough for you to understand." he asked rolling his eyes. he doesn't look like he's joking at all. "tell me about you, do you like someone?" he asked poking my cheek.

i looked at him disgusted and wiped off the bacteria he gave me. "eh... no. i am too smart for all the love, and the ooh and aah. it just ends up bad, like where you're right now." i said making him frown. "ouch." he gave me a death glare.

oops.

"so, tell me about your family." i said. "why talk about my family?" he asked curiously and raised an eyebrow. "because.... what else do you wanna talk about huh?" i asked. i hated that i always had to pick a topic for him.

"your family." he said.

"fine..." i said lowly. "so, i have a mother that married a man who unexpectedly left her when i was about five years old. i never actually thought a father would do that, sometimes i still remember our memories. i knew him as a happy father, no problems but we will never know what's behind someone's smile." i said biting my lower lip.

"but i try my best to forget him."

"when i was seven years old, my mother met another single father. he had a son, so he became my big step brother... taeyong, lee taeyong. he was very protective, sweet, smart, loving, caring and to be honest attractive too." i got a bit embarrassed at myself when i heard him chuckling.

"but, it's just another foolish man. he left my mother for another woman, and we both felt heartbroken because it has only be 9 months. taeyong never wanted to leave me, he loved me and loved me as a sister. but he had to right?" i gulped looking down at the hoodie i had on.

"my mother was now smart to know men are stupid! well of course a clever man existed, she just never experienced being with that man. so she decided to stop seeing men as like a love relationship or the ooh and the aah he's so cute."

jaehyun licked his lips, didn't know how to react and wished from the begin that he could just talk about his family so we wouldn't be leading to somewhere deep, which where we are now.

"i- i am sorry to hear that." he stuttered and ruffled his own hair.

"hmm well now she's a strong single mother and she's happy, yet working hard and a bit stress but i am also there to not make her upset... all though i think i did make her upset this morning." i scratched my head and sighed.

"oh, is it about the mail?"

"yeah." i chuckled nervously. "she was a bit upset, but she was fine because she didn't wanted me to be that innocent. maybe two mails would be fine for her haha." i giggled.

"i am sorry." he blinked.

"damn jaehyun, you say sorry too much today which make me think that you're not... you?" i said which made him chuckle.

i stared at him. his chuckle was kinda cute, and look at him smile, he's kind of adorable, he's so cute.... okay why is he glaring at me.

he stopped chuckling when he looked down at my hand, carrying the ice cream. he sighed rolling his eyes.

"the ice cream is melting sooji." he scoffed. "look, you just wasted that ice cream." he said which made me feel sorry. "woops, i am sorry."

"let's go the the mall, to the bathroom." he said as we spotted a mall.

we went in as we felt the fresh aircon touch our soft and smooth skins.

note: holy moly, my mom is watching a really weird serie called "bates motel". eeeh