EXTRA!: Gruvia

Sakura Festival (Post-Time Skip)

...

Gray watched as Juvia sat beneath the glowing sakura, and he couldn't help but smile at how carefree she was. Laughing with the others like she didn't have a care in the world, her smile wide, the sight just drew him in. But, did he love her? The spur-of-the-moment kiss in front of her apartment started a chain reaction that nothing could stop. Whenever she said his name, adding the honorific, his cheeks became that little bit warmer, when she smiled, his heart beat that little bit faster. He could't help it. Yet, he didn't want to break her heart again, she'd ben through more than enough.

"Gray.", The raven-haired teen turned around and grinned as Sora walked towards him. Surprisingly enough, he got on well with the Fire Dragon, and it was a relationship Gray was glad for.

"What's up?", The red-head sat beside him and grinned knowingly.

"You like Juvia, don't you?", The question caught him off guard, and he spluttered.

"No! I mean, yes, I mean, URGH I don't know!", Gray's head fell in his hands, and Sora chuckled.

"That was me when I met Lucy.", He explained, "But that night changed everything."

"Yeah, we know.", Gray rolled his eyes, and Sora laughed.

"I know you know, but something else happened.", Sora lifted his shirt to reveal an intricate mark over his heart. It was a pale, gold star, and the tips were tongues of fire. "Our mark. The exact same as the sign."

"Really?", That was unexpected, very unexpected.

"Yup. And it's quite a good-looking one, too. Not like Mizuhime's and Apollo's, that looks like a pile of melted gold."

"Ha, wouldn't have expected it.", Gray chuckled, but his gaze was still focused on Juvia.

"Tell her.", Sora gestured to Juvia, and Gray blushed. "I can tell that you love her, Gray."

"It's just that, I don't want to break her heart. She's so fragile, like ice.", He whispered, and the Fire Dragon sighed.

"There is no ice without water, Gray, remember that.", He got up and walked off, leaving Gray there, stunned.

His mind and heart, a vicious war, pitted against each other. Do you want to hurt her, Gray? She's too soft for you! She'll get hurt!, his mind screamed.

If you don't love her, Gray, then why do you care?, his heart asked.

She's nakama, of course I would care!

Is she just nakama, Gray?

"Shut up!", He yelled, clutching at his raven hair.

"Need help?", Gray looked up and frowned. Standing there, like there was no problem in the world, was Jellal.

"No, I'm fine.", He hissed, and turned away.

"Has the definition of 'fine' changed over the past seven years or something?", He chuckled, before sitting down.  "It's about Juvia, isn't it.", It wasn't a question.

“I don’t love her!”

“I never said you did, but that reaction makes me thing you do.”, Jellal wormed his way through the cracks, and Gray sighed.

“I honestly don’t know anymore.”

“Gray, here’s the thing. You are so set on treating everyone equally in your heart, that you just can’t see yourself with Juvia, no matter how much you want it. So, drop that barrier for a second, and think about a life with Juvia. Now, tell me about it.