EXTRA!: Hisanna

WARNING! Dark themes here

...

Lisanna watched as her older siblings walked out the door, smiles on their faces. “I’ll be with Ever, alright Lisanna?”, Elfman asked, and she nodded.

“Go enjoy yourself.”, She smiled, and he grinned before walking out.

“Are you’re sure you’ll be fine, Lisanna? I can cancel the date, you know, Freed’ll-”, Mira asked, but Lisanna cut her off.

“I’ll be fine, now, go! You don’t want Freed to wait!”, She laughed, and Mirajane smiled before walking out and locking the door. As soon as her older siblings walked out, Lisanna rushed to the kitchen and, from a drawer, pulled out a long, silver knife.

She slowly walked to the bathroom, and turned the light on. The bathroom was spotless, and she walked towards the sink. Lisanna brushed the granite top with her fingers, and sighed before looking in the mirror. “This is it.”, She sighed, before lifting the knife to her wrist. She pressed the blade into her skin, and sighed as it sliced her skin, the blood staining her wrist, dripping down her palm, down her fingers and into the sink.

This had all started moths ago, the cutting. Ever since most of the other girls her age were getting boyfriends, Lisanna had become more self-conscious. And, with Evergreen dating her brother, it was the final straw.

Her mind snapped, and voices filled her head, filling it with wrong ideas; ‘You’re ugly’ ‘Nobody wants you’ ‘Fat’ ‘Bitch’ ‘Who would love you?’ and they only went away when she cut and starved herself.

It started with razors, once a week, then once a day, then anything whenever she was alone. Her wrists were decorated with long, white lines, marks of her self-harm. Long scratches decorated her arm, and it became harder and harder to hide her addiction from the rest of the guild. A few people were already becoming suspicious, Ren and Eve, Freed, Celty too, they had all noticed something was up.

She never ate, too. She was treating herself if she got half a normal meal in a day. She was bone thin, but still the voices lingered in her mind, feeding her addiction to be skinny.

Her wrist was now all blood and exposed flesh, no skin was left, having been torn into ribbons. The sink was filled with blood, and tears flowed down her face as she wallowed in self pity.

She felt her eyelids close, and her heart raced, making more blood spill out of her wrist. ‘Goodbye Mira-nee, Elf-niichan, everyone.’, Then her eyes fluttered shut.

...

Hibiki knew there was something wrong when Lisanna didn’t open the door. He called her name twice, yet she didn’t answer. Then a smell hit his nose, and his heart stopped.

Blood.

“Lisanna!”, He yelled, and he kicked down the door before following the smell with his nose. He saw a light in a room, and he slammed the door opened, before he began to sob. “No.”, He whispered, before quickly picking up Lisanna’s lifeless form and running to the nearest hospital.

“Please! Help her!”, He yelled as the doors opened, and everyone stopped, their eyes wide at the youngest Strauss. “Somebody!”

Quickly, doctors and healers swarmed around her, quickly putting her on a bed and wheeling her into a room, and a nurse walked up to him.

“Mr Lates, do you know where her brother and sister are?”, He asked, and Hibiki shook his head.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know.”, He sighed, and the nurse nodded. Just as he walked back, one of the doctors walked up to him. “Is she alright?”, He asked, and she nodded.